2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Red, hot, and sassy
By Shay on 09/15/08 17:09 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car is used enjoyably for daily driving to and from work--plus leisure. The C5 has, by far, the sleekest, sexiest, cleanest body style. This is our third Vette, and although there are newer models, we simply love the looks of this car. Have added heated seats, powerful sound system, blue LED interior lights for dash and all controls, and navigation system.

2nd Vette Owned and Loving it More!
By NightRaverX on 05/28/08 21:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

While growing up my dream car was always a Corvette. I purchased My 1st vette in 1998; a 1986 Convertible, and as much as I did enjoy "My Toy" It was time for my turn with a C5, I loved the newer sleek look and power, and I had an opportunity to purchase a 2000 at a beyond great price; and in practically mint condition,and get a great trade-in price for my 86' it was love at first drive! The 2000 coupe's look, feel, and handling, exceeded my expectations. The upgraded interior is luxurious, sporty and much more comfortable than the C4's. The power and handling is breathtaking. I was also amazed that I was getting incredible gas mileage with the LS1 motor. My favorite most reliable car yet!

Buy one and feel younger
By vchanpe on 07/29/07 21:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Purchased a well maintained used glossy black 2000 Vette with 6 sp last year for $22K and I am having the time of my life. I am 55 but I feel like a teenager again. My previous cars were muscle cars and luxury cars and I will never go back. I knew the power was there but the grip is unbelievable. I have taken freeway exit curves at 50 mph where the speed limit was 25 mph. My muscle cars could not do that. I am averaging 20 MPG overall with the 6 speed while my brother's GTO and my son's Transam gets only 18 MPG with the same engine but with automatics. Noisy car but I will be installing sound insulation soon. My next car after this one will be a Vette.

Fun on a medium budget
By Gravy on 04/25/07 03:13 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Initially, I found my 2000 Vette fairly pricey, but as I am more informed it is obvious that owning one is actually reasonable. It gets great mileage, the insurance at least for an adult is cheap. It's reliable, and to my delight there is very little depreciation if you take care of them. The car is fun and has given a lot of pleasure.

Dream Come True
By kaosbig on 02/24/07 17:48 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love this car! Always wanted one, bought this one and it is a great car to drive. I have had some problems with it, mainly battery related, due to long winter storage. If you want a sports car, look no further, this is it! Great looks and performance, great mileage, when you factor in the performance. The seats are very comfortable too. And, I like the interior, many bash it, but I think it is great!

To much fun to drive, always smiling
By smiley on 06/16/06 06:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car has been nothing but fun. With a few modifications I get a regular 30MPG average highway and city. Best of all it's a V8 sports car. Handles great, lots of powe,r never have a problem merging onto any road. Just so much fun to drive I can't seem to stop.

Overall Beauty
By beardown3 on 12/20/04 15:37 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Had this car for 4 years and I love looking at it still. It's gorgeous, though it has had a few problems. Gas gauge, steering column lock, noisy tires. But overall it's a pleasure, especially after upgrading the intake and exhaust.

no need for improvement
By terry schulz on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have owned several vettes and even 4 other cars. This is by far the best. A true allaround sports car. That no weather can stop. Ireally dont know how they could improve it.

great car with some flaws
By Desmo on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have to say this car is a very good deal for the money. The car is fun to drive and it is easy on gas when at highway speeds. The handling is world class. First and second gear acceleration is very good. This car will break the rubber loose when floored while rolling at speed. I have had problems with the gas guage that has yet to be fixed. The power window motor on the pass side has gone out 2x. Also, the remote has gone out 2x. The steering lock has malfunctioned after it was replaced on a recall. The transmission pops out of reverse often. I still love the car.

Excellent sports car!
By Corvette on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Excellent sports car for the money. It has been the most fun sports car I have ever driven. I would recommend for all sports car enthusiasts. Although, not a family car, all will enjoy riding.