Used 2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

MOST FUN YOU CAN HAVE ALONE
By MATT BIVENS

2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2 Dr STD Coupe

Of all the sports cars i have had the c5 vette is by far the best. comfortable ride and great looks . young and old knows that you are driving a vette. fun in the sun and all want to look at the vette

Favorite Features

need for speed , power

Suggested Improvements

cup holders

Red, hot, and sassy
By Shay

2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car is used enjoyably for daily driving to and from work--plus leisure. The C5 has, by far, the sleekest, sexiest, cleanest body style. This is our third Vette, and although there are newer models, we simply love the looks of this car. Have added heated seats, powerful sound system, blue LED interior lights for dash and all controls, and navigation system.

Favorite Features

Love the HUD.

Suggested Improvements

Greater adjustable lumbar support on the passenger side seat. When we go on trips, we use a pillow for the lower back area. Heated steering wheel would've been nice, too.

2nd Vette Owned and Loving it More!
By NightRaverX

2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

While growing up my dream car was always a Corvette. I purchased My 1st vette in 1998; a 1986 Convertible, and as much as I did enjoy "My Toy" It was time for my turn with a C5, I loved the newer sleek look and power, and I had an opportunity to purchase a 2000 at a beyond great price; and in practically mint condition,and get a great trade-in price for my 86' it was love at first drive! The 2000 coupe's look, feel, and handling, exceeded my expectations. The upgraded interior is luxurious, sporty and much more comfortable than the C4's. The power and handling is breathtaking. I was also amazed that I was getting incredible gas mileage with the LS1 motor. My favorite most reliable car yet!

Favorite Features

Great looking and feeling interior, the traction control is a nice feature. Overall excellent improvements made from the previous generation. The new 5 spoke 17/18 inch wheels are beautiful! LS1 motor is very responsive and extremely well powered compared to the L98 I was accustomed to.Great Z51

Suggested Improvements

None. Note on my part: I do miss the convertible option, but I couldn't pass up saving $8000 below blue book on this car in mint shape with low miles! and in my favorite metallic silver color with black interior. The removable top does make up for it and is fun to drive.

1st Vette and not the last
By vchanpe

2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2 Dr STD Coupe

I now look forward to my commute. I had a 1995 Lexus LS400 which was a world class luxery car but the Vette simply blows it away in driving enjoyment. I will never buy a luxury car again. I will never buy another sports car except for another Vette. Pros: Acceleration, Grip, Good gas mileage (20 MPG plus) with a stick. Cons: Noisy and harsh ride which are expected. Riding a roller coaster at an amusement park is also noisy and harsh but makes up for it by going fast, taking curves and the sheer fun of it. If you have fun riding a roller coaster and like to get your heart pumping, then this is your car. I am over 55 and I feel like a teenager again. (i.e. ready to pick up girls)

Favorite Features

Fast acceleration was expected but I was amazed on the Vette's grip. I have taken 25 MPH exit curves at 50 plus MPH with confidence which is something you can't do in a luxery car or a lesser sport car. With a very high margin of safety, you can drive fast in a curve with less fear.

Suggested Improvements

Put more sound insulation and quieter tires. The sports clutch is heavy which is expected but it should be a tad lighter. The shift stick should also be less notchy.

Buy one and feel younger
By vchanpe

2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Purchased a well maintained used glossy black 2000 Vette with 6 sp last year for $22K and I am having the time of my life. I am 55 but I feel like a teenager again. My previous cars were muscle cars and luxury cars and I will never go back. I knew the power was there but the grip is unbelievable. I have taken freeway exit curves at 50 mph where the speed limit was 25 mph. My muscle cars could not do that. I am averaging 20 MPG overall with the 6 speed while my brother's GTO and my son's Transam gets only 18 MPG with the same engine but with automatics. Noisy car but I will be installing sound insulation soon. My next car after this one will be a Vette.

Favorite Features

Looks fast and drive fast. Fun car to drive. Better than expected fuel mileage. Easy to fix. Vette has a built-in check engine code readout for DIY backyard mechanics. I had a check engine code and the readout informed me that the knock sensor was bad so I replaced it and I was back in business.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the interior with less plastics. Bigger glove compartment. Need more sound insulation.