2000 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2000 Corvette Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Sort Reviews by

corvette "absolutely the best bang for the buck"
By rivettes

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

having owned a few corvettes over the years I believe that the c5 vette is the most well rounded of all I've owned handling & performance are excellent I do prefer the auto trans to the manual as I owned 99 fixed roof with the six speed the manual was very notchy and drive train noise though normal was more pronounced easy convertible operation and overall driving comfort are a few of my favorite features this car is great for long drives,oh also if you do have to change your run flat tires do yourself a favor and buy the Michelin sport as way less noise the the garbage Goodyear eagles that come factory

Favorite Features

easy convertible top operation & overall driving comfort

Suggested Improvements

none

Nice car
By Crossroadspilot

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

I love this car! First lesson learned: Leave the traction control on! This car will keep you from getting in trouble, but turn it off and you are on your own. Don't be that guy! It would be nice to have the extra 50 HP of the Z06. Inexpensive problems I fixed: headlight motors fail because the gears are plastic $400. A/C lights go dim then fail $200. Coolant overflow tank cracks/leaks $150. Turn signal relay (haven't fixed yet). I have a code that comes up occasionally for an O2 sensor. Fuel filter is a dealer part $85. Trunk latch needed adjustment. I am never selling this car!!

Favorite Features

Heads up display, electronic tire pressure gauge in dash, convertible, wicked acceleration, traction control, bose audio.

Suggested Improvements

Extra 50-100 HP. Those EVO's and other 300 HP cars are able to keep up and that should never happen. More comfortable seats.

2000 Convertible O' Fun
By Pooh

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

I own the 2000 Millennium Yellow Six-Speed Vette. It is a great vehicle. Has a few problems that GM ignored at first but later fixed such as the locked steering wheel but, for the most part it is a great car.

Favorite Features

The gas pedal :)!

Suggested Improvements

Needs the buttons for the gates installed in visor. Needs GPS option.

What a great car
By Stephen

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

My first 'Vette was a '66 Roadster, and yes I still wish I had it. However, there is no comparison between the two. The '00 Corvette Roadster is far and away the best car I've ever owned (I also own a 2005 Mercedes Benz 320 4matic). So great in fact - I'm starting to look at the '06's. I'll order that in January.

Favorite Features

Just the great styling and the awesome acceleration. Scary fast.

Suggested Improvements

Heated seats, passenger side drop down mirror for backing up, map pockets in the door, 2nd and deeper cup holders,

D's Vette
By D's Vette

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

Truly having a wonderful experience with my first Vette. Even though it's used, it's still a marvel. Haven't had the Vette long but have not had any bad experiences. Hoping all the bugs have been worked out as it seems to have been in my case. Gas mileage is awesome considering.

Favorite Features

Gauges and HUD.

It's All Good
By Bill Matthews

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

This is my 3rd Vette in the last 10 years. The C5 is truly the best sports car value in the world. The 2000 is late enough in the model to have most of the problems worked out. It is also old eough to be picked up at a very good price if you look for it. The car will do anything I ask it to do on a city street or highway, and is more of a joy than the law allows on a country road. . More power, sure, that's what everyone wants. But, this car will smoke the tires in several gears and will top 140mph. How much do you need? The C5 is the best Vette to take on a long drive ever. I get better than 30 mpg on the highway if I try.

Suggested Improvements

The only things that need improvement were put into the C6.

00 C5 vert.
By mwagne16

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

Best bang for the buck with styling being considered. A few thousand dollars for a supercharger, and instant 700hp with perfect daily drivability. Just how the factory should have done it in the first place to make it perfect.

Favorite Features

Great looks. Yellow with black top. Waterfall is art! Heads up display is pretty cool.

Suggested Improvements

More power!!! Needs wider rubber out back.

It's everything you want....but
By tmack

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

A true American sports car. Former Porsche owner - won over. Bowling Green w/Tan top, love color combo, obviously for others as they have discontinued the color. Modest interior design but coming from a Porsche,a step up. Problems w/fuel gauge (6x) replaced tanks, senders, etc.. A/C condensation leaking onto passenger floor - my own interior swimming pool.. electrical issue with radio, etc., staying on after engine shut down and door opening. Told this is not a big deal but for a 55K car it should not there in the first place.

Favorite Features

Ride, Performance, Handling, Comments from others

Suggested Improvements

Interior upgrades to dash and either make the cup holder well bigger or get rid of it.

My Treasure,2000 CorvetteConvertable!
By My Treasure

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

0ne year later the dream became a nightmare to this date. First it started with 5/6 trips for the fuel gauge sensor, locked sterring, 2 alternators, 4 batteries,3xs headlight motor, cd player, 4xs body control module,3xs foglights, 2xs trunk would not open,dealorship lost my keys, Leaving a few others out I'm sure. And the hits keep coming!I guess I have been blessed until now. I'm not alone, which does not provide me any comfort. GM offered me a 10 yr. warranty to rebuild my confidence. I want a car I can drive! Not continue to be at service.PLEASE. What an ordeal. Guess I've had enough.

Favorite Features

Body

Suggested Improvements

AMERICAN DREAM CAR! FIX THE PROBLEMS!

Satissfied
By Bill Power

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

Great car, better than previous corvette. Design is complimented many times by non-corvette owners. Only wish could reprogram oil change to reflect fact that synthetic oils do better than 3500 miles.

Suggested Improvements

Synthetic oil change at 7500 miles and not 3500.