Used 2000 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

corvette "absolutely the best bang for the buck"
By rivettes

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

having owned a few corvettes over the years I believe that the c5 vette is the most well rounded of all I've owned handling & performance are excellent I do prefer the auto trans to the manual as I owned 99 fixed roof with the six speed the manual was very notchy and drive train noise though normal was more pronounced easy convertible operation and overall driving comfort are a few of my favorite features this car is great for long drives,oh also if you do have to change your run flat tires do yourself a favor and buy the Michelin sport as way less noise the the garbage Goodyear eagles that come factory

easy convertible top operation & overall driving comfort

none

MOST FUN YOU CAN HAVE ALONE
By MATT BIVENS

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2 Dr STD Coupe

Of all the sports cars i have had the c5 vette is by far the best. comfortable ride and great looks . young and old knows that you are driving a vette. fun in the sun and all want to look at the vette

need for speed , power

cup holders

Nice car
By Crossroadspilot

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

I love this car! First lesson learned: Leave the traction control on! This car will keep you from getting in trouble, but turn it off and you are on your own. Don't be that guy! It would be nice to have the extra 50 HP of the Z06. Inexpensive problems I fixed: headlight motors fail because the gears are plastic $400. A/C lights go dim then fail $200. Coolant overflow tank cracks/leaks $150. Turn signal relay (haven't fixed yet). I have a code that comes up occasionally for an O2 sensor. Fuel filter is a dealer part $85. Trunk latch needed adjustment. I am never selling this car!!

Heads up display, electronic tire pressure gauge in dash, convertible, wicked acceleration, traction control, bose audio.

Extra 50-100 HP. Those EVO's and other 300 HP cars are able to keep up and that should never happen. More comfortable seats.

Red, hot, and sassy
By Shay

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

This car is used enjoyably for daily driving to and from work--plus leisure. The C5 has, by far, the sleekest, sexiest, cleanest body style. This is our third Vette, and although there are newer models, we simply love the looks of this car. Have added heated seats, powerful sound system, blue LED interior lights for dash and all controls, and navigation system.

Love the HUD.

Greater adjustable lumbar support on the passenger side seat. When we go on trips, we use a pillow for the lower back area. Heated steering wheel would've been nice, too.

2nd Vette Owned and Loving it More!
By NightRaverX

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

While growing up my dream car was always a Corvette. I purchased My 1st vette in 1998; a 1986 Convertible, and as much as I did enjoy "My Toy" It was time for my turn with a C5, I loved the newer sleek look and power, and I had an opportunity to purchase a 2000 at a beyond great price; and in practically mint condition,and get a great trade-in price for my 86' it was love at first drive! The 2000 coupe's look, feel, and handling, exceeded my expectations. The upgraded interior is luxurious, sporty and much more comfortable than the C4's. The power and handling is breathtaking. I was also amazed that I was getting incredible gas mileage with the LS1 motor. My favorite most reliable car yet!

Great looking and feeling interior, the traction control is a nice feature. Overall excellent improvements made from the previous generation. The new 5 spoke 17/18 inch wheels are beautiful! LS1 motor is very responsive and extremely well powered compared to the L98 I was accustomed to.Great Z51

None. Note on my part: I do miss the convertible option, but I couldn't pass up saving $8000 below blue book on this car in mint shape with low miles! and in my favorite metallic silver color with black interior. The removable top does make up for it and is fun to drive.