1999 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: Amazing Performance for the Mo

1999 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

Hardtop Coupe (5.7L V8 6-speed Manual)

Amazing Performance for the Money
By zr77 on

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Hardtop Coupe

I've had my 1999 corvette for approx 1 year. I purchased it from the original owner who used it mainly as a show car and it had 90K miles. Almost completely stock with the exception of an exhaust. I LOVE driving this car. Great exhaust note, handles very well, acceleration is smooth. You can drive it easy or like a mad man. I've started to track my C5 and grow more and more amazed with it every day. I can drive it to client meetings, getting 32-33mpg on the highway to flogging it at a race track (road racing) for a 3 day weekend and it keeps asking for more. Parts are cheap and plentiful. Only complaint overall interior design. GM cheaped out with the interior but the LS1 makes up for that.

LS1 engine. Excellent handling (I've installed coilovers and handles like a 911 now). Fantastic fuel mileage when driven easy, as I constantly get 30-34 on the highway. Easy to work on and very, very reliable. 101K miles with a lot of track time in the past 10K miles and it runs like new.

Interior is very, very cheap. Terrible seats, ugly shift knob and hideous stereo. Same radio you find in their trucks and SUV's. Come on, this is GM's flagship product and they have to use parts bin pieces?