My daily driver still makes me smile.
By Dean on
1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe
I had always wanted a Corvette, so when I could finally afford and justify one, I bought a loaded 1999 Coupe 6-speed Z-51 model. It has been my daily driver and I put on an average of 18,000 miles a year. I have never had any problems with the car except for a steering column lock problem that was corrected with a recall. I have had absolutely no repair or mechanical costs for the car outside of fuel and regular maintenance (oil changes, tires, air/fuel filter, battery replacement). This car has been an absolute breeze to take care of and has been extremely reliable. It is smooth as silk on the highway and is a blast to drive. I will always drive a Corvette.
Favorite Features
Fun to drive in every situation (the 911 seemed a little tame in comparison) and easily liveable with a smooth, comfortable ride and plenty of storage/luggage space.
Suggested Improvements
People complain about the cheaper materials in the interior, but it has been durable and easy to keep clean. I don't worry about the feel of the dashboard material while I am blasting off to 0-60 in under 5 seconds.