Used 1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Most bang for the buck
By Gerf

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Owned the car for about a year so far. No problems. Every option on my car makes this vehicle a joy. Put aftermarket exhaust and intake on about three months ago. World of difference in power. This car is an auto and still will pin your ears back. I love It! Definitely would recommend to future buyers. Only people who want to own sports cars would dislike this car. Incredible fun for an inexpensive car 25-30K. Have fun and drive hard!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

All. No problems at all with this vehicle. Buy private owner, no dealers, they cover up to many negative problems and abuse.

Suggested Improvements

Go with the cheap ones first, exhaust, intake, programmer, then go to the wallet busters if needed.

Fun car!
By Lou Cole

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

True sports car with the great control for the road. Power to burn. Super stable at high speeds. A real head turner.

Favorite Features

Run flat tires, and cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

More horse power.

Most Bang for the Buck!!!
By mtviperdriver

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car after owning both a Mitsubishi 3000GT and a Nissan 300ZX, and needless to say I have never looked back. Not only is it more powerful than both the Nissan and Mitsubishi, but it also averages 30 mpg (which in this day and age is a must) on the highway and is more comfortable to drive, too. Excellent purchase and would recommend to anyone.

Favorite Features

Aftermarket high flow intake and Borla exhaust...sounds mean, but not annoyingly aggressive.

Suggested Improvements

Could have done more with the door panels in the way of aesthetics.

Got it right
By great99

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have never owned a car that mixes ride, handeling and horsepower into a vehicle you could drive every day if you wanted and at the price this sells for. On top of that it is a blast to drive and I get better gas mileage than my daily driver 6 cyl.

Favorite Features

Sport seats that hug you, memory positions, 29 miles to the gallon highway, horsepower and torgue, exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

lumbar and wing adjustments on passenger seat. Auto tint rear view and side mirrors.

TorchRed
By Moondogs

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've had my torch red, six speed for a month now and absolutely love it. I sold a 300 ZX after four years and what a difference. A 1000 mile round trip one weekend was so much fun and fast. 33,000 miles - a little wear on the driver's seat, everything works and looks like new. Dunlop 9000 tires are great - hope I don't get a flat! I drive it daily to work and drive my Wrangler for short around town trips - great combo.

Favorite Features

Performance, looks, comfort, quality, sex appeal and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Spare tire. Shorter shifter. Satellite radio. Unique radio and climate controls. Higher quality leather on seats.