1999 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
awesome
By r j posner on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

i am 68(16 may03) its a real 1st class GT love the 6 speed trans. great mpg==yuma, az to flint, michigan 30low 34 high fun to drive--15-18 hours per day goes up the az mountains at 78 and down at 78 --with cruise set at 78--rarely lose or gain 1 mph==thats at over 9000feet!!!

1999 Hardtop Corvette
By H.M.Hancock on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I have had a long history with Corvettes, 1st a 1979 White C-3, later followed by a 1992 Black C-4. I can honestly say that while the memories made in those two cars are indelible, my 1999 Black C-5 Hardtop is technologically far superior to its'predecessors. With a super stiff chassis, a 6-speed and a Borla exhaust, the C-5 Hardtop screams! And I must admit, I like when the heads turn and the fingers point in affirmation to what you know, that this is one great car!

A True Sports Car
By SleeStack on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

Since this is the hardtop version, it comes equipped with the 6-speed manual and 'sport' suspension. The ride is very stiff and you feel every bump but it also corners like it is on rails. This is a sports car and it drives like one. There really is no other vehicle in the world that can compare to the Corvette. There are only a handful of better handling or faster cars and all of them cost at least twice as much. I do not recommend the hardtop as a daily or city driver. I highly recommend it for use as a SPORTS car.

A fun year around ride in style.
By ob1 on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

What more can be said other than it is a great car to drive on a daily basis. Very reliable with no repairs so far. Not bad for a car with almost 70,000 miles on it. Believe it or not but it is very capable even in snow. I drive it year around in sub-zero temperature and nasty weather. A pair of snow or all season tires help a lot. Try a set of Michelin tires (ZP) and you will get good traction year around and up to 50,000 miles on a set of front tires. Only one detractor,with the 6 spd. you will have to put a quart of oil in it every 1500- 2000 miles. Be sure to get one with the active handling, it may save your life. I am looking forward to getting the C6.

Best Corvette Yet!
By Silver Bullet on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

In 1964, I bought my first Corvette. Thirty-five years later, my wife and I bought a 1999 silver coupe. While the 1964 Sting Ray still holds a special place of all cars I have owned, there is absolutely no comparison with the C5. The C5 is the best Corvette yet! We love it and would not trade it for anything. The performance, technology, handling, quality and ride are outstanding. The interior design has many of the Sting Ray features, which is a nice (and fast) trip down memory lane. We have had no problems with it of any kind so far. Without question, we would make the same purchase again!

Yes, better than my '01 Camaro SS
By Quicksilver on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

Its a serious image enhancement. Don't buy this car if you don't like attention---its a chemical reaction to public exposure.

99' FRC
By bigsteff on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I really like the car. I am a tall guy and previously owned a 92' C4. Lots more leg and head room and the hardtop feels really solid and will be free from the rattles and squeeks associated with aged removable roof cars. Very comfortable for a "TOY" car and could be a daily driver.

corvette
By hopper on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

i lovce this car

awesome open top
By hurryup on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

This car offers the most performance bang for the buck. Excellent everyday driver.

It just gets better
By jhorton on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I bought my '99 coupe off the showroom floor. I have had only two minor problems with the car. Both fixed easily and quickly. The car is fast and handles quite well. Gas mileage for the last 6000 miles is 22.3. This is mostly to and from work on a not so crowded freeway. The airconditioning works very well down here in south Texas. The sound system is great and the cd player is good at not skipping even over bumps and pot holes. Luggage space for the coupe is fantastic. When the C 6 comes along I'll buy one for me, and my wife has already claimed my '99 as hers. This car just gets better as time goes by. NEVER any buyers remorse! JHorton San Antonio, Texas