1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Best Corvette Yet!
By Silver Bullet on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

In 1964, I bought my first Corvette. Thirty-five years later, my wife and I bought a 1999 silver coupe. While the 1964 Sting Ray still holds a special place of all cars I have owned, there is absolutely no comparison with the C5. The C5 is the best Corvette yet! We love it and would not trade it for anything. The performance, technology, handling, quality and ride are outstanding. The interior design has many of the Sting Ray features, which is a nice (and fast) trip down memory lane. We have had no problems with it of any kind so far. Without question, we would make the same purchase again!

Yes, better than my '01 Camaro SS
By Quicksilver on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Its a serious image enhancement. Don't buy this car if you don't like attention---its a chemical reaction to public exposure.

99' FRC
By bigsteff on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I really like the car. I am a tall guy and previously owned a 92' C4. Lots more leg and head room and the hardtop feels really solid and will be free from the rattles and squeeks associated with aged removable roof cars. Very comfortable for a "TOY" car and could be a daily driver.

It just gets better
By jhorton on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my '99 coupe off the showroom floor. I have had only two minor problems with the car. Both fixed easily and quickly. The car is fast and handles quite well. Gas mileage for the last 6000 miles is 22.3. This is mostly to and from work on a not so crowded freeway. The airconditioning works very well down here in south Texas. The sound system is great and the cd player is good at not skipping even over bumps and pot holes. Luggage space for the coupe is fantastic. When the C 6 comes along I'll buy one for me, and my wife has already claimed my '99 as hers. This car just gets better as time goes by. NEVER any buyers remorse! JHorton San Antonio, Texas

1999 CHEVROLET CORVETTE
By CARTER on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

PRIOR TO THE PURCHASE OF MY 1999 CORVETT I WONED A 1994 CORVETTE 6 SPEED. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO IS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY. THE 1999 BUILD QUALITY AND DESIGN OVERPOWERS ANY FEELINGS I HAD FOR MY 94.

Best sportscar - dollar for dollar
By capendleton on 02/26/02 11:06 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love this car. I have always been a Vette fan. But, the C5 is undeniably the best sportcar (dollar for dollar) I have ever known. It's refined, yet still gutsy enough to be a flatout musclecar. I hope I always own one!