Used 1999 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

Base Coupe (5.7L V8)

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
TorchRed
By Moondogs on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I've had my torch red, six speed for a month now and absolutely love it. I sold a 300 ZX after four years and what a difference. A 1000 mile round trip one weekend was so much fun and fast. 33,000 miles - a little wear on the driver's seat, everything works and looks like new. Dunlop 9000 tires are great - hope I don't get a flat! I drive it daily to work and drive my Wrangler for short around town trips - great combo.

Daily Commuter
By 99hardtop on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

This hardtop is a joy to drive, excellent handling, responsive acceleration, firm supple ride, great brakes, great fuel mileage. This is truly a great drivers' car. Purchased for low 20's...for that price nothing can touch the value it offers.

99 6spd Cpe
By OC1Dave on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

This is one the most fun and best cars I have ever owned, including Cadillacs, Mercedes, etc. I drive it daily except for big snow days when I drive my 4WD Suburban. Obviously the power and handling are the strong points, but I was pleasantly suprised at how civilized and comfortable this car is to drive. I get over 30 mpg on trips and arrive relaxed.

corvette c5 fun
By Ed Romero on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

This vehicle had some bugs that had to be worked out. All items were covered under manufacture warrenty. Some of the issue were power steering lock, and fuel pump issues. Fun car to drive mechanicaly, a true statement of chevrolet quality found in cars of more expensive cost.

'99 6-Speed Corvette Coupe
By MSUC6Vette on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

The car has been great, the ride quality is amazing for how well the car handles corners. The seats couldn't be more comfortable on both long and short trips. Plenty of cargo room for two people traveling. Better than 30mpg on the highway.

Amazing Car for the Money!!!
By PeteyPete on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I purchased my mint condition 99 hardtop last year and couldn't be any more happy. It's been a reliable and fun Sunday car that turns heads, and is a pleasure to drive. I'm impressed w/ the mileage i get, averaging 20 mpg driving in a mix of city and highway driving. The interior could've been a bit more refined, but the car makes up for it in performance and style.

AWESOME, WHY BUY ANYTHING ELSE
By mozvette on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

Wow, what beauty and power, American muscle refined. Step on it and you know what I mean. Everyone looks at this baby. The best buy. I like Porsches and Bimmers in my rear view. Love it.

awesome
By r j posner on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

i am 68(16 may03) its a real 1st class GT love the 6 speed trans. great mpg==yuma, az to flint, michigan 30low 34 high fun to drive--15-18 hours per day goes up the az mountains at 78 and down at 78 --with cruise set at 78--rarely lose or gain 1 mph==thats at over 9000feet!!!

1999 Hardtop Corvette
By H.M.Hancock on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I have had a long history with Corvettes, 1st a 1979 White C-3, later followed by a 1992 Black C-4. I can honestly say that while the memories made in those two cars are indelible, my 1999 Black C-5 Hardtop is technologically far superior to its'predecessors. With a super stiff chassis, a 6-speed and a Borla exhaust, the C-5 Hardtop screams! And I must admit, I like when the heads turn and the fingers point in affirmation to what you know, that this is one great car!

A True Sports Car
By SleeStack on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

Since this is the hardtop version, it comes equipped with the 6-speed manual and 'sport' suspension. The ride is very stiff and you feel every bump but it also corners like it is on rails. This is a sports car and it drives like one. There really is no other vehicle in the world that can compare to the Corvette. There are only a handful of better handling or faster cars and all of them cost at least twice as much. I do not recommend the hardtop as a daily or city driver. I highly recommend it for use as a SPORTS car.