Used 1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned
By Dan

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love this car! I have had no trouble with it mechanically and it gets great gas mileage. Who would have believed? The car is fast and fun to drive! I am completely satisfied with this car!

The engine really performs on 89+ octane and still gets good fuel mileage. I like the headsup display.

Monochromic rearview mirrors. When you are sitting low, you really need them when someone in a truck pulls up behind you with their headlights on. I don't understand why they are not standard on this car.

Highly Recommended
By Steve T.

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Hardtop Coupe

I have owned four Corvettes prior to my 1999 ('60, '63' '77, '89). The 1999 Corvette is by far the best model of them all. Reliability and performance are outstanding; it is comfortable and fun to drive; the fit and finish (both exterior and interior) are laudiable; the cost to own is reasonable; and the resale value is great. Overall it is just an outstanding vehicle!

LS1 engine, bose audio system, automatic trnsmission, accurate DIC, 12 CD factory changer, overall design, exterior and interior fit and finish.

I really can't suggest improvements. The 1999 Corvette is fine as built by Chevrolet and one of the best Corvette model years since 1953.

1999 6 speed hardtop
By lonewlf

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have owned Corvettes all my life and this is just another in a long line of Corvette's that I have owned. I was told my other Corvette owners that once you drive a C5 you will never want to drive an LT1 again. They are correct. I drove a C5 and 9 months later, after searching very carefully, I purchased my 1999 Corvette Hardtop. It handles great, and I love the 6speed. It provides a nice comfortable ride, has a lot of power, and does not allow for much outside noise. It is a very functional and reliable Corvette with great curb appeal. A daily driver that turns heads.

6speed, the trunk area, and the handling.

Built by proud designers
By Lynn Johnson

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

My second Corvette (1991, I've had a great deal of fun with both the "01 and the '99. After reading "all Corvettes are red", I realized the '99 must be an unusually fine automobile and I believe it is. I drive it the speed limits, and when I brought it back from buying it in Austin, Texas (some 1000 plus miles) my average mpg was 36. However everyone wont be able to get 36 mpg, because the car just asks to be driven hard.

Its lowness and style.

The seats door, side bolster gets damaged if you slide in and rub the plastic covering. I think they should charge more and build seats out of leather.

Corvette - No Thanks
By Gary

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

If you have or plan to buy a Corvette, you better have a fat pocket book. I just got rid of my 1999 Corvette because I was tired of putting money into it. Although it turns heads and is fun to drive it all boils down to that this car is junk, especially for a "hand made" car. Mine was not a daily driver and was garage kept. I'm even anal about having a spot on it. All scheduled maintenance had been done. Maybe I got a lemon. All I can say is never let your extended warranty expire. My Corvette had 25,500 miles when I got rid of it. Problems? Bald Goodyear tires $1350 for Michelins. Bad window motor $600. Fuel gauge not working $979. New gas tank $715.

None - You keep the car. I don't want another.