Used 1999 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Great sports car
By Bob

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

This sports car is quite a lot fun. Great for almost all occasions. Recommend the convertible! Nothing like a top down cruise on a nice summer night. Loaded with features. Instrumentation has everything.

Favorite Features

Power, handling, styling, luxury

99 Silver Corvette Convt.
By coutchem

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

6 speed transmission had to be rebuilt at 30,000 miles. Fog lights burn out. Couple of recall problems. Smooth ride and goes like a rocket when you want to. Can do 120 +++, but still get 30 mpg on the highway. Drove over 12,000 in two months and enjoyed the ride and performance. Great sports car and turns heads.

Favorite Features

Convertible, speed, CD/Bose sound system, 6 speed, color combo, trunk size, HUD, 6 way power seats.

Suggested Improvements

driver side bolster needs better construction...wear hole.

Brain's review
By Hitman

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

What kid growing up here in the great US of A hasn't dreamed of owning a vette? Well my dream came true in May. I have never drove one and saw this low mileage beauty ( only had 2500 miles when I bought it ) when my wife saw it sitting at a local dealership. All I can say is that the ride and performance are way so much better than I had ever even thought. AND I'm getting 21 mpg to boot ! Just can not say enough about how great this car is. Thank you to my wife, Kim, for helping to make this dream come true.

Favorite Features

How can I say one thing is better than the next? But I would have to say putting the top down and going.

Best Roadster in America
By Kuda

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

I had one of the very first C-5's in Hawaii I bought in late 97. Would'nt "kick in" when punched. Dealers couldn't figure out problem. So, ordered a 99 6 speed convertible, with Z51 suspension. Took a few months to arrive in Hawaii. At first I thought it was the wrong color. The way the sun hit it, an almost purple pearl came thru the Navy Blue Mettalic paint. It was beautiful. What was Chevy thinking when they discontinued that color. Now have 14k miles. No major problems. Then got the "check traction control" message, with rough running. Computer module fried. Strongly advise getting extended warranty. Otherwise, the best vette ever.

Favorite Features

Performance and options. HUGH trunk for a convertible. Fits 2 full sets of golf clubs - WITH THE TOP DOWN! It's the ONLY roadster or sports car in the world that can make that claim. Please don't make the trunk smaller with the C6, Chevrolet!

Suggested Improvements

A Z06 convertible. If no Z06, then at least 400 HP. Bring back the Navy Blue Mettalic. The replacement blue belongs on a Camaro or Monte Carlo. I get bombed with compliments on the color. What were you thinking Chevrolet?

zoom zoom this
By space nurd

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

Owning Italian and British performance cars in the 80's and 90's. I converted to my absolute favorite - the Corvette. My C5 roadster is MY BABY. I confess that it shares the garage with the old Maserati rag top I decided to keep - the Corvette is my favorite. Nothing like a top down drive on the California coast. (see favorite features and improvements)

Favorite Features

Performance, style, best zoom zoom on the planet.

Suggested Improvements

Send the Chevrolet dealers to Saturn dealership schools. (what can I say, I own a Saturn also)