1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
1999 FRC Review
By Jason on 11/15/05 12:47 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I just bought this car used but in immaculate condition. I have all the records for everything that has been done to the car, and it has had its share of electrical problems, such as the fuel gauge, stereo, and power window motors. However, just sitting in the car and firing it up puts a smile on my face. The performance is amazing and the ride comfort is surprisingly good. Driving the car from Texas to VA, I averaged well over 30 mpg. There is also ample storage in the back for pretty much anything you need to carry such as luggage or groceries. In my opinion, the C5 Corvette is by far the best bang for the buck vehicle out there. My only regret is that I didn't buy one sooner.

Old reliable
By Corvette44 on 09/21/05 18:07 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Good solid car that is great to drive, always dependable and never stops putting a smile on my face. Highway mileage is outstanding. And I've never had any trouble with the car. It was a great everyday drive till the kids came along, now its an even better weekender.

My daily driver still makes me smile.
By Dean on 03/27/05 00:38 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I had always wanted a Corvette, so when I could finally afford and justify one, I bought a loaded 1999 Coupe 6-speed Z-51 model. It has been my daily driver and I put on an average of 18,000 miles a year. I have never had any problems with the car except for a steering column lock problem that was corrected with a recall. I have had absolutely no repair or mechanical costs for the car outside of fuel and regular maintenance (oil changes, tires, air/fuel filter, battery replacement). This car has been an absolute breeze to take care of and has been extremely reliable. It is smooth as silk on the highway and is a blast to drive. I will always drive a Corvette.

A bargain thrill ride
By Brian on 01/27/05 14:51 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my 'vette used with 45k miles on the clock. Its been a hoot to drive this car when I can get in open area. It's a monster on the track, and the engine is very flexible with a superwide forgiving power band. The low end grunt makes getting it going off the line a breeze, and it has more than enough power to lay down rubber into second gear. The trunk is actually large enough to be useful for day to day driving. In fact this is my only car, and it works very well for that except for the rare occasions when I have someone flying into town. If you're looking for a powerful yet civilized ride for your day to day grind, this is it.

1999 Hardtop
By Jerry on 12/18/04 11:30 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Simply a great car with no problems. It is fun to drive & lots of power whenever you feel the need. The optional active handling system & great brakes makes it one of the safest cars on the road. Surprisingly on the highway at 70 mph in 6th gear it will average 32+ miles per gallon.

Most bang for the buck
By Gerf on 11/27/04 22:06 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Owned the car for about a year so far. No problems. Every option on my car makes this vehicle a joy. Put aftermarket exhaust and intake on about three months ago. World of difference in power. This car is an auto and still will pin your ears back. I love It! Definitely would recommend to future buyers. Only people who want to own sports cars would dislike this car. Incredible fun for an inexpensive car 25-30K. Have fun and drive hard!!!!!!!

Fun car!
By Lou Cole on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

True sports car with the great control for the road. Power to burn. Super stable at high speeds. A real head turner.

Most Bang for the Buck!!!
By mtviperdriver on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car after owning both a Mitsubishi 3000GT and a Nissan 300ZX, and needless to say I have never looked back. Not only is it more powerful than both the Nissan and Mitsubishi, but it also averages 30 mpg (which in this day and age is a must) on the highway and is more comfortable to drive, too. Excellent purchase and would recommend to anyone.

Got it right
By great99 on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have never owned a car that mixes ride, handeling and horsepower into a vehicle you could drive every day if you wanted and at the price this sells for. On top of that it is a blast to drive and I get better gas mileage than my daily driver 6 cyl.

TorchRed
By Moondogs on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've had my torch red, six speed for a month now and absolutely love it. I sold a 300 ZX after four years and what a difference. A 1000 mile round trip one weekend was so much fun and fast. 33,000 miles - a little wear on the driver's seat, everything works and looks like new. Dunlop 9000 tires are great - hope I don't get a flat! I drive it daily to work and drive my Wrangler for short around town trips - great combo.