1999 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: 1999 FRC Review

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Review

1999 FRC Review
By Jason on

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I just bought this car used but in immaculate condition. I have all the records for everything that has been done to the car, and it has had its share of electrical problems, such as the fuel gauge, stereo, and power window motors. However, just sitting in the car and firing it up puts a smile on my face. The performance is amazing and the ride comfort is surprisingly good. Driving the car from Texas to VA, I averaged well over 30 mpg. There is also ample storage in the back for pretty much anything you need to carry such as luggage or groceries. In my opinion, the C5 Corvette is by far the best bang for the buck vehicle out there. My only regret is that I didn't buy one sooner.

Performance, i.e. acceleration, handling, braking. Very drivable, once you get over the long nose and used to hitting every bump in the road at an angle to avoid scrapping. The exterior styling -- I really enjoy just cleaning on the car!

Interior aesthetics, too much plastic. Hard to locate jacking points, its easy for a shop to crack your rocker panels if they don't know how to jack the car up.