Used 1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

6th Corvette -1999 C-5 Coupe
By Cynthia B. Baine

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Purchased in December 2014 with 18,893 original miles, all numbers matching, all options, automatic, and Magnetic Red. With the exception of a 1967 427/435 owned years ago, this is the fastest factory stock Corvette ever made. Comfortable, fun to drive, excellent design mechanically and interior, great Bose sound system, and generally the car that makes people stop and go, man I need one of those beauties.

Favorite Features

Everything about this car screams "drive me". Quiet ride and great fuel economy are just added benefits. The Magnetic Red coupe with the smoke "romance" top in place make you drool over the sexy appeal of this body style.

Suggested Improvements

Why change anything on a vehicle you can't find anything to complain about?

Amazing Performance for the Money
By zr77

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Hardtop Coupe

I've had my 1999 corvette for approx 1 year. I purchased it from the original owner who used it mainly as a show car and it had 90K miles. Almost completely stock with the exception of an exhaust. I LOVE driving this car. Great exhaust note, handles very well, acceleration is smooth. You can drive it easy or like a mad man. I've started to track my C5 and grow more and more amazed with it every day. I can drive it to client meetings, getting 32-33mpg on the highway to flogging it at a race track (road racing) for a 3 day weekend and it keeps asking for more. Parts are cheap and plentiful. Only complaint overall interior design. GM cheaped out with the interior but the LS1 makes up for that.

Favorite Features

LS1 engine. Excellent handling (I've installed coilovers and handles like a 911 now). Fantastic fuel mileage when driven easy, as I constantly get 30-34 on the highway. Easy to work on and very, very reliable. 101K miles with a lot of track time in the past 10K miles and it runs like new.

Suggested Improvements

Interior is very, very cheap. Terrible seats, ugly shift knob and hideous stereo. Same radio you find in their trucks and SUV's. Come on, this is GM's flagship product and they have to use parts bin pieces?

Cherry runs like new. easily a steal
By vestedvette

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Hardtop Coupe

I traded a much more expensive 2012 car to get the Vette I always wanted. Can't believe I found a 14 year old car with only 60k in mileage. Its not even broken in yet.still handles like every vette if not better than all pre - 2000s I'm having a blast. Instant Classic. .. love it

Favorite Features

Everything it still turns heads seriously

Suggested Improvements

I'll wait so I can get the new stingray other than that I'm happy

Best Corvette I have yet to own
By lonewlf118

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Hardtop Coupe

This is the best Corvette that I have yet to own. I have owned Corvettes all my life and this is the best so far. It is fun to drive, runs great, and has little problems. Yes, it turns heads.

Favorite Features

6 speed manual transmission and high performance suspension.

Suggested Improvements

None

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned
By Dan

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love this car! I have had no trouble with it mechanically and it gets great gas mileage. Who would have believed? The car is fast and fun to drive! I am completely satisfied with this car!

Favorite Features

The engine really performs on 89+ octane and still gets good fuel mileage. I like the headsup display.

Suggested Improvements

Monochromic rearview mirrors. When you are sitting low, you really need them when someone in a truck pulls up behind you with their headlights on. I don't understand why they are not standard on this car.