Used 1999 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

Base 5.7L V8 - (12 reviews )

6 speed manual convertible
By carguy2021

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible

I loved this car! That being said, I had some serious issues. I bought it with 44k miles, and owned it through 65k miles. Right away, it was popping out of 6th gear. Luckily I had an extended warranty. This required a trans rebuild which was $5-6k. I had an issue with the steering column lock motor -- it failed, requiring the car to be towed to the dealership. The welds on the exhaust break over time, requiring repair or replacement. Other than the problems, the car is smooth, insanely fast, and gets great gas mileage - I got as high as 33 mpg at 70mph. The stereo is amazing - Bose.

Favorite Features

Power, efficiency, styling, interior comfort, BOSE stereo absolutely rocks!

Suggested Improvements

Transmission requiring rebuild at 44k miles?? Maybe build it a little more robustly? Seats feel flimsy and cheap, even if they are comfortable.

C5 ragtop... a dream turned reality
By aC5ragtopforEd

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible

For years I drooled over 'Vettes and due to my height (6'8"), I could never fit in one. Then along came the C5 and changed all of that. There it was.. screaming my name out... torch red with oak interior, 6sp, Bose, the works. I've never had a lick of trouble with the car, and its been impeccably maintained for the past 10yrs, never in the rain or snow. Still looks factory fresh. And my plates say it all: LUCKYME

Favorite Features

POWER!! and at 10yrs old she's still a mega head-turner!! But then again, any vintage Corvette will always be a head- turner.

1999 Corvette
By lawrence kilfoy

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible

This has been a exceptional Corvette. No warranty work required. The manufacturers' original Goodyear run flat tires were very noisy and I changed to Michelins for a better ride.

Favorite Features

Best value for the money. Runs circles around Porsche.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Pleased Corvette Owner
By 1999 Corvette

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible

1999 Magnetic Red Metallic Convertible with Light Oak Interior/Top. Magnificent Machine. My plate says it all...YS I CAN... Color is so deep you feel as though you could dive into it. Looks like it needs a ticket just sitting still! Could not be happier with a great American Sport Car. Has every option available.

Favorite Features

Top down driving in sunny Florida

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any:)

A nice car for the money
By Stephen

1999 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car used from a friend with 6,000 miles on the clock. It looks great (torch red with 2000 chrome wheels, black gut and top).It runs well and people give me a lot of thumbs up on the road. The stock engine has plenty of ponies for the average person. Just a hoot to drive.

Favorite Features

Plain and simple just the way it looks from all angles. A work of art. Thanks GM.

Suggested Improvements

I have no suggestions as I feel this car is very good for the money. Sure It could of had 500hp, big brakes, etc., but it would put it way out of reach for many people. I think It is just right. Buy it and then build it up to the level you want or can afford.