1999 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Amazing Performance for the Money
By zr77 on 04/05/13 12:30 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I've had my 1999 corvette for approx 1 year. I purchased it from the original owner who used it mainly as a show car and it had 90K miles. Almost completely stock with the exception of an exhaust. I LOVE driving this car. Great exhaust note, handles very well, acceleration is smooth. You can drive it easy or like a mad man. I've started to track my C5 and grow more and more amazed with it every day. I can drive it to client meetings, getting 32-33mpg on the highway to flogging it at a race track (road racing) for a 3 day weekend and it keeps asking for more. Parts are cheap and plentiful. Only complaint overall interior design. GM cheaped out with the interior but the LS1 makes up for that.

Cherry runs like new. easily a steal
By vestedvette on 01/28/13 00:17 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I traded a much more expensive 2012 car to get the Vette I always wanted. Can't believe I found a 14 year old car with only 60k in mileage. Its not even broken in yet.still handles like every vette if not better than all pre - 2000s I'm having a blast. Instant Classic. .. love it

6 speed manual convertible
By carguy2021 on 07/25/12 12:20 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

I loved this car! That being said, I had some serious issues. I bought it with 44k miles, and owned it through 65k miles. Right away, it was popping out of 6th gear. Luckily I had an extended warranty. This required a trans rebuild which was $5-6k. I had an issue with the steering column lock motor -- it failed, requiring the car to be towed to the dealership. The welds on the exhaust break over time, requiring repair or replacement. Other than the problems, the car is smooth, insanely fast, and gets great gas mileage - I got as high as 33 mpg at 70mph. The stereo is amazing - Bose.

C5 ragtop... a dream turned reality
By aC5ragtopforEd on 12/21/09 19:54 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

For years I drooled over 'Vettes and due to my height (6'8"), I could never fit in one. Then along came the C5 and changed all of that. There it was.. screaming my name out... torch red with oak interior, 6sp, Bose, the works. I've never had a lick of trouble with the car, and its been impeccably maintained for the past 10yrs, never in the rain or snow. Still looks factory fresh. And my plates say it all: LUCKYME

Best Corvette I have yet to own
By lonewlf118 on 06/22/09 06:03 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

This is the best Corvette that I have yet to own. I have owned Corvettes all my life and this is the best so far. It is fun to drive, runs great, and has little problems. Yes, it turns heads.

Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned
By Dan on 10/31/08 00:16 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I love this car! I have had no trouble with it mechanically and it gets great gas mileage. Who would have believed? The car is fast and fun to drive! I am completely satisfied with this car!

Highly Recommended
By Steve T. on 04/06/08 15:17 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I have owned four Corvettes prior to my 1999 ('60, '63' '77, '89). The 1999 Corvette is by far the best model of them all. Reliability and performance are outstanding; it is comfortable and fun to drive; the fit and finish (both exterior and interior) are laudiable; the cost to own is reasonable; and the resale value is great. Overall it is just an outstanding vehicle!

1999 6 speed hardtop
By lonewlf on 12/19/07 10:27 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I have owned Corvettes all my life and this is just another in a long line of Corvette's that I have owned. I was told my other Corvette owners that once you drive a C5 you will never want to drive an LT1 again. They are correct. I drove a C5 and 9 months later, after searching very carefully, I purchased my 1999 Corvette Hardtop. It handles great, and I love the 6speed. It provides a nice comfortable ride, has a lot of power, and does not allow for much outside noise. It is a very functional and reliable Corvette with great curb appeal. A daily driver that turns heads.

Built by proud designers
By Lynn Johnson on 03/18/07 18:11 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

My second Corvette (1991, I've had a great deal of fun with both the "01 and the '99. After reading "all Corvettes are red", I realized the '99 must be an unusually fine automobile and I believe it is. I drive it the speed limits, and when I brought it back from buying it in Austin, Texas (some 1000 plus miles) my average mpg was 36. However everyone wont be able to get 36 mpg, because the car just asks to be driven hard.

Corvette - No Thanks
By Gary on 01/06/07 11:28 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

If you have or plan to buy a Corvette, you better have a fat pocket book. I just got rid of my 1999 Corvette because I was tired of putting money into it. Although it turns heads and is fun to drive it all boils down to that this car is junk, especially for a "hand made" car. Mine was not a daily driver and was garage kept. I'm even anal about having a spot on it. All scheduled maintenance had been done. Maybe I got a lemon. All I can say is never let your extended warranty expire. My Corvette had 25,500 miles when I got rid of it. Problems? Bald Goodyear tires $1350 for Michelins. Bad window motor $600. Fuel gauge not working $979. New gas tank $715.