1998 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: Long term owner

1998 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Review

Long term owner
By Lynn Hondo on

1998 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I bought vehicle new in 1998. It has given me many years of almost trouble free performance. I've only had two problems; a sensor in the active handling system failed, which was replaced under warranty, and I encountered a steering wheel lockup. There was a recall for the steering wheel lock up that I had not taken care of, so I was somewhat at fault for having an untimely lock up. I've read where a number of people have had the lock up. In my case the car was in a parking lot, I got in to leave and the steering wheel would not unlock. Had to tow into dealer for fix. The car is quick, and hard acceleration is a real kick. My driving style results in mileage of 24 miles per gallon.

Driving performance. quick off the line, 0-60 in under 5 seconds. Very comfortable seats. (sport model option)

Reduce inside noise. Tires result in lots of road noise. Leather finish on seats wears off easily.