Used 1998 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 - (16 reviews )

Attention Getter
By Warren

1998 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I didn't mean to buy it, but the test drive sold it. I'm 50 now, and wanted a Corvette since I was a teenager. I've never had a car that has received so much attention. Mechanics come out and talk about it. People in the waiting room talk about it. My good friend shook my hand to tell me it's the best thing I ever bought. My wife and daughter want to drive it all the time. People at work talk about it. People on the road act like they want to race. Don't buy this car if you dislike attention.

Favorite Features

Looks, perfomance, and many guages which convey a lot of information

Suggested Improvements

None

1998 Corvette Coupe
By NYgeorge

1998 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Excellent performance and still good fuel economy. Ride is considerably good for a true sports car. Removeable top is nice and still has adequate luggae storage for road trips. Best feature is the Corvette family and wave :)

Favorite Features

Performance! removeable top, and driving a Corvette!

Suggested Improvements

GM please fix the electronic column lock issue once and for all with a true bypass. Road noise is a bit much but it is worth it to drive a car with this styling and performance. Noisy and hard riding runflat tires. A few more horses are always welcome :)

LP
By lpalmer

1998 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Car is very fun to drive. Water pump went out at 78000 but other than that the car has been perfect.

C5 vette
By 911vettebenz

1998 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I pursched this car as a runabout. I grew up with Porsche and have had numberous in the stable and currently have 2 911's. I enjoy the car. It is relatively reliable with no significant events to date except that the battery came apart from the past and leaked down in the engine bay. Upon opening the trunk in the rain, it all pours inside the storage bay. This suspension is alittle soft, so I have to adjust the ride to performance mode to stop from being thrown into the roof. The performance is adequate, the zo6 is probably the better option.

Favorite Features

Front end the roof line and the side

Suggested Improvements

Fix the butt of the car, it is my opion that it doesnt flow with the front and the side of the car.

1998 Vette
By Stros

1998 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought my Vette about 6 months ago. Prices are really coming down, since this is a 5 year old car; still the most current body style though! The performance is awesome, totally fast enough stock, with enough potential for modifications, if you want to take it to the track. Will outhandle me no problem (I don't have a death wish). Gas mileage is great and the car is MUCH more comfortable than the C4. One of the prettiest cars on the road.

Favorite Features

Targa, Looks, Performance, It's a Vette Man!

Suggested Improvements

Front Tire leaks, wish it had telescoping steering wheel (came out in 99), No HUD, Wish you could get the LS- 6 in the same package