1998 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Love This Vette
By NyBob on 07/05/08 14:19 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

This is just a wonderful and fun car to drive. Everywhere I go and I pull up people are looking at the car like it is a rock star. This is my second Vette, the first was a C-4 model and this baby blows it away. GM needs to start working on building their cars like they do the Vette if they want to stay in business

1998 convert auto Borla triple-black
By Dennis D'Andrea on 10/24/07 17:25 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

Trouble-free. Drive it from eastern Long Island to Corvettes at Carlisle, PA, every year. Nearly 10 years old but only 19,000 or so miles. Four-inch Borla pipes look and sound great.

So Far, So Good
By Mark Christ on 02/03/07 15:53 PM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

I have dreamed about owning a red Corvette convertable since I was a young boy. At the age of 53 and after selling my parent's home when they passed away, I finally had enough disposable income to purchase the car of my dreams. I think of my parents almost every time I drive the car, I'm sure they are smiling down at me, knowing how 'Corvette crazy' I've always been. I live in the upper midwest so I only have about 6-7 months a year to drive it so I do so as much as possible. The car had 34,000 miles on it when I bought it and in the 18 months since I've owned it I have put on another 15,000 miles. Except for a bad O2 sensor and an ocassional check engine light glitch it has performed well

Only a Vette
By sean.c on 01/05/05 11:30 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

98 Vette Ragtop with the six speed. Unbeatable performance-to-dollar ratio. Bought it with 17k miles on it; the Delco 12 CD-changer never has worked, the steering column lock failed first at 18,000 miles and then again six months later. Both times got no help from GM (dealer and corporate), $500 per repair out of my pocket. Finally found a company out of Texas that sold an aftermarket bypass and had the local Vette shop install it. Problem solved. The performance and status outweigh the GM quirks. After my experience with GM customer service I would NEVER again purchase a GM product...except, of course, another Vette. Go for the extended warranty next time, I'll need it!

Dream Come True
By Justin K on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

Bought the car used but have loved every minute of my ownership. Only real problem was with the electronic steering lock. Phenomenal storage capability, even with the top down. Acceleration is great...able to beat most of the cars I cross. Great handling, even at high speeds (130+ mph). Car turns heads and garners questions all the time. There is nothing in the world like driving an American classic with the wind in your hair.

Fun
By jankord on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

It can run with the best. Great, no major problems. little or no after market parts to become succesful in racing. Scared me the first time I drove it. Lots of Power

Outstanding Performance Automobile!
By jimhild on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

63000 miles, no real issues. 28+ mpg on highway, 165+ mph capability. Trunk will hold two golf bags and luggage for two people for three weeks. We have driven as many as 960 miles in a single day and the car is comfortable and easy to drive. Active handling is a benefit. Indy Pace Car colors and trim is bold, but tastefully done. Many, many thumbs up, photo requests and discussions when stopping for fuel. Would do it again.

Owned 30 vettes
By Eddie RJ on 09/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

Best vette convertible I ever owned. Had a gauge burn out and that's it in 62,000 miles. Changed tires to Firestone Firehawk for better all round performance. Car turns heads and always gets comments. Love the red/tan color and it's a pleasure to own. Had over 30 vettes and this is the most pleasurable yet.

Going Strong And Loveing It
By Mx on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

The Corvette, When I Was 13 Yrs Old I fell In Love. 1973. The Price at those times, Seemed To be, Completely Out of My Ball League..They were Pricing out between 5 an 8 k....NEW! I Later fell Into Some Restoring, Still Keeping My Eye On Everything, All The way Down, Till They Put a Convertible Top, With a Trunk,Came to My Eye.

IF ONLY THEY BUILT AN INTERIOR
By RC TOYOTA on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

THE 98 VETTE CONV IS WITHOUT A DOUGHT THE BEST EVER THE CAR IS DAMN NEAR PERFECT AS A TOYOTA EMPLOYEE I CAN SPEAK OF SUCH THINGS AS WE ALL WELL KNOW IF GM FORD OR THAT OTHER WANA-BE CAR BUILDER EVER MAKE A CAR WITH QUALITY INT. INSTEAD OF THE HARD SWEEKY NOISY JUNK PLASTIC THEY USE WERE IN TROUBLE AT TOYOTA BUT BY THEN WILL ALL BE DRIVING JET CARS..............SEEE YA SOON