1997 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 - (13 reviews )
Fun car to drive, if the bugs die.
By hand77 on 12/14/12 03:47 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I'll start by being fair, the mileage of my car was low, and I got an extremely good price from a friend. With that said, the car was awesome, most of the time. It was a blast to drive, got compliments everywhere I went (nassau blue color), and was just plain sexy to look at. But the rear end went bad, transmission needed replace, wiper motor never worked, driver side window motor went bad. Yes I did hot rod the car, but with it being a Corvette, you would thing it would hold up a tad better. To each their own, the car was a blast, but I won't own another C5 base car.

Still the best performance bargain
By Inaband on 08/11/09 16:57 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

This C5 is my 4th corvette, found on the net. Owned 5 years so far, no major problems, just oil changes, antifreeze and reg maintenance. 28 mpg highway w/ 6 speed. I drive it to club shows and functions, awesome car for the money.

Great over 30 weekend car
By Jeff Holbrook LI on 04/10/07 03:55 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I have little to complain and a lot to praise about this car. It's a 6-speed. All the power, handling, and looks are better than any other car I've owened or driven. Rides like a Buick and gas mileage is better than my wife's '04 Accord. Love the car.

Fast, fun, and great looking
By hanky on 03/03/06 20:50 PM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

All around this car is absolutely amazing. It is great for hobby drivers that want to cruise on the weekends or a everyday driver. The interior of the car is functional and very convient. The Bose sound system makes you feel like your at a concert. The power seats may be my favorite option in the car, it allows drivers all of sizes to sit comfortably. As you move to the exterior the car sits on beefy 19 inch rims that reflect like mirrors. The sleek angles and designs of the vehicle makes heads turn at every corner. Punching the accelerator leaves everything in the rear view. I recommend this car very highly, it's always been my dream car and has lived up to every expectation.

'97 Vette
By Heyref13 on 06/22/05 20:58 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

Great driving fun! Good comfort in a sports car. Attention to detail is excellent. Truck space better than most passenger cars. It's hard on tires. Electronics need overall improvement and are expensive to repair. For the first model year of a completely redesigned car, it is Grandpa's dream come true! I would buy another Corvette in a heartbeat!

Good for the money
By BB's on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I have had many sports cars, Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds etc... This Corvette is the best all around for the money. If you don't need the back seats then you get great looks, awesome power and crazy comments. And considering the rate of depreciation of all other american sports cars on the market the Corvette is the best bang for the buck.

FUN CAR TO DRIVE
By GERALD PASLEY on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

AFTER 26000 MILES HANDBRAKE LEAVER IS THE ONLY PART TO BE REPLACED. THIS IS A 6 SPEED,WAS SUPPRISED THAT CAR GOT 34 MILES TO GALLON ON INTERSTATE TRAVEL AND 23 MILES TO GALLON AROUND HOME.

1997 Corvette
By Jgordon05 on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

One of the best sports cars out there for your money these days. Looks and drives awsome. Very comfortable seats. Nice acceleration and design.

'97 Corvette
By Ramjet319 on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I love the car, but disappointed that I have had to have it towed on three occasions: (1) locked steering column, (2) Broken serpintine belt bracket, (3) Broken serpintine belt.

Lifetime Corvette Owner, C5 is BEST Yet
By jet pilot on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

Nothing but positives about the car, Except that Chevrolet would not cover the glass top when the lamanet began to peal off. Dealership (Bob McDorman, Columbus Ohio) not honest or upfront when it came to financing. I will buy else where in the future. Anyone know of a dealer one can trust?