Used 1996 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

American Muscle Car
By Jerry Miranda

1996 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I've only had the Vette for half a year and it was a one owner, garage- kept sports car. I love it beyond words. The paint job alone is better than any vehicle I have ever owned and all but two of my almost 20 car purchases were new cars. This is the last and best of the C4 style and could become a classic. No Chevy recall on this year or the 1995, only ones so far (to my knowledge).

Paint job (Torch Red) and speed, it moves and my average mileage is not bad (>18mpg). I get over 20 mpg routinely on highway trips.

I have no suggestions just yet.

Great Car
By Danny

1996 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I love the LT-4 higher revving engine (6400 rpm redline) coupled with the 6- spd manual transmission. This car rates a 10 on the fun meter to drive. Gas mileage is great as long as you keep your right foot out of it around town. Love the performance, brakes, ice cold a/c, Bose stereo and above all reliability. Great car!

LT-4 Engine

None!

Great Fun Car to drive
By William Nicoson

1996 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I have always wanted a Corvette. I finally got one even tho it's used it is in pristine condition. I have had to put a new water pump and replace the airflow guard underneath and the antenna won't retract all the way but I still love the car. Great handling and great power.

I love the whole car. I hope to keep it a long time.

1996 Collector Corvette
By Joe St. Romain

1996 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I've bought this Vette new in 1996, and drive it about 6000 exciting miles per year. It is bullet proof sound. I never worry about it leaving me. Other than oil changes, the ONLY maint. on it was 1 set of brake pads, 2 sets of tires, 1 water pump, and 2 batteries. This is a VERY reliable car that can be driven hard if you want to.

Delco Bose Gold sound system, automatic climate control, and fantastic seats highlight the interior. A beautiful look that still turns heads after 10 years with the 5 spoke wheels highlights the exterior. Superior performance and gas economy (yes! gas economy) highlight the drivetrain.

It is perfect as is. Get one if you can, but plan on answering the question, "Why are you smiling so much?"

I love my Collector Edition
By Terrence

1996 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

This is a very fun car. The performance is great, the suspension is nice, and the brakes are adequate. What I like most about it, is the cockpit feeling of the interior, and the C4 body styling.

LT4 engine.

Lower door sills would make it easier to get out of. Not a fan of the digital gauges.