1996 Chevrolet Corvette 5.7L V8 Consumer Review - '96 Collectors Ed.

1996 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

1996 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

'96 Collectors Ed.
By bcar2x20 on

1996 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

My '96 Collectors Edition is my daily driver! Live in Colorado and drive rain, snow or shine. I purchased with 108,000 miles and have been pleasantly surprised at how reliable the car is. Performance is great and still gets attention with over 135,000 miles on it. Drove down town last year to view a car show. When leaving a man and his young son walked by as I was getting ready to pull out. Much to my surprise they stopped and admired my car for 2 or 3 minutes stating "nice car we did't get to see Corvette today!". I think that statement speaks for itself. Still amazes me that a 10 year old Vette can have so much performance, quality and reliability for what you pay!

Favorite Features

Performance: 0-60mph in 4.9 sec., most past Ferarris can't do that! Styling: I love the Collectors ed. silver w/5 spoke zr1 type wheels. Rear hatch: I like the looks and ability to put suitcases or two sets of golf clubs in car. Mileage; 18 in town, 22-24 hwy. Bose sound system: sounds great!

Suggested Improvements

The wide tires will pull you around on an old grooved out road. no, nothings wrong with car! My bose sound system will not take a cd anymore (old).use i- pod , still sounds awesome. Brakes aren't as strong as I'd prefer. Noticeable Body/chassis flex w/top off.