1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Not So Spectacular
By corvettefever96 on 01/15/10 20:37 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this Corvette in 2004. It only had 38,000 miles on it at the time. I drive it about 4,000 miles a year. Honestly, it's a very pretty car... I have people tell me all the time how beautiful it is. But... I don't think it's a very reliable vehicle. I've had the water pump replaced, transmission had a leak that got fixed. Now, I noticed that my oil pan gasket is leaking. Really, I don't think the vehicle is reliable. You would think that because it's a "Corvette", it was built good. I don't think it was.

Smile per mile
By 96Torpedo on 12/09/09 10:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Over the years I've owned a 72 Corvette Convertible, and a 88 Corvette coupe. I purchases my 96 in June of 2009 with 31000 miles on it. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was coming home with me. I'm 65 years old and this car makes me feel like I'm 25. I'm flexible enough to get in and out with no trouble at all. Looks, power, handling, and most of all, pretty good on gas. I love it. If you're a senior citizen, and want a daily thrill (if you know what I mean), get one and fly into the sunset.

'96 Collectors Ed.
By bcar2x20 on 01/21/08 09:43 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

My '96 Collectors Edition is my daily driver! Live in Colorado and drive rain, snow or shine. I purchased with 108,000 miles and have been pleasantly surprised at how reliable the car is. Performance is great and still gets attention with over 135,000 miles on it. Drove down town last year to view a car show. When leaving a man and his young son walked by as I was getting ready to pull out. Much to my surprise they stopped and admired my car for 2 or 3 minutes stating "nice car we did't get to see Corvette today!". I think that statement speaks for itself. Still amazes me that a 10 year old Vette can have so much performance, quality and reliability for what you pay!

Fun, Fun, Fun
By simbadb on 10/07/07 12:05 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

The last and the best of the C4. The 1996 LT4 engine is a real sleeper and conservatively rated at 330hp. If you can find a fine condition LT4, Buy It!, as this engine option particularly in Collector Edition badging should maintain its value over the coming years.

American Muscle Car
By Jerry Miranda on 08/31/07 11:20 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've only had the Vette for half a year and it was a one owner, garage- kept sports car. I love it beyond words. The paint job alone is better than any vehicle I have ever owned and all but two of my almost 20 car purchases were new cars. This is the last and best of the C4 style and could become a classic. No Chevy recall on this year or the 1995, only ones so far (to my knowledge).

Great Car
By Danny on 06/23/06 11:09 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love the LT-4 higher revving engine (6400 rpm redline) coupled with the 6- spd manual transmission. This car rates a 10 on the fun meter to drive. Gas mileage is great as long as you keep your right foot out of it around town. Love the performance, brakes, ice cold a/c, Bose stereo and above all reliability. Great car!

Great Fun Car to drive
By William Nicoson on 06/04/06 19:44 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have always wanted a Corvette. I finally got one even tho it's used it is in pristine condition. I have had to put a new water pump and replace the airflow guard underneath and the antenna won't retract all the way but I still love the car. Great handling and great power.

1996 Collector Corvette
By Joe St. Romain on 02/25/06 07:28 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've bought this Vette new in 1996, and drive it about 6000 exciting miles per year. It is bullet proof sound. I never worry about it leaving me. Other than oil changes, the ONLY maint. on it was 1 set of brake pads, 2 sets of tires, 1 water pump, and 2 batteries. This is a VERY reliable car that can be driven hard if you want to.

I love my Collector Edition
By Terrence on 07/15/05 18:31 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is a very fun car. The performance is great, the suspension is nice, and the brakes are adequate. What I like most about it, is the cockpit feeling of the interior, and the C4 body styling.

Love this car!
By LT1 on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

We are in our early 30s with two children and have been playing with the idea to do sth not quite sensible about a car for quite a while. Next to an Outback and an Odyssey we wanted a fun to drive weekend car and test drove Boxsters, SLs and M3s. The Corvette is quite different in many aspects, it doesn't feel as expensive and not as luxurious as the others but it has some sort of spirit others can't deliver. The performance - even the LT1 - will blow you away. If you want a fun to drive two-seater and don't want to spend all $ of your equity line, get a C4 Corvette. The targa top is a nice alternative, to save serious $ on your insurance.