Used 1996 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Yellow LT-4 Ragtop
By Don

1996 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

After 30 years of waiting and being practical, I finaly purchased my Corvette. I wish a hadn't waited so long! I've always loved the styling of the C-4, paticularly with the updates they made in the early 90's. The LT-4 engine and 6 speed transmission make this car a ball to drive. The power is instantaneous and the torque makes the car easy to drive, even at low rpm's. While the car is ten years old, it only had 3,000 miles when I bought it last month. It's not often you come across a brand new 1996 Corvette convertible, so. It doesn't get any better than cruising with the top down on a warm summer night!

Engine, transmission, convertible top and the many innovative features (for a ten year old car) like passive keyless entry, trip computers, Bose Gold sound system, etc. Oh yeah, I forgot that eye catching Competition Yellow paint.

Like most owners, I'd prefer lower side sills for easier entry and exit. Also, the body flexes some on rough roads, particularly with the top down.

• Sedan