1995 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
'95 Artic White LT1 A4
By Darel on 10/19/06 13:17 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

After purchasing the car I believe I paid about $1000 too much. However I'm happy with the purchase and think overall it's a great car to have in the garage.

Fell in love with it again
By Keith S on 05/03/06 22:17 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

Was actually looking to buy a '97 or later used Corvette but when accidently came across the ad and pictures of the car. Then it came back to me how much I was impressed by the look of the later C4s when I saw them. And at first I thought "no way I'm a 'Torch Red' kind of guy, but the more I thought about it, hey, why not -ts a Vette! I love the look, size feel and reactions to this car. Yes it is impossible to get in and out of and yes it is loud, but hey it is a sports car!

Welcome to the World of Corvette Owners
By he2 on 02/05/06 19:04 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I bought this car about 3 weeks ago sight unseen. It had 60K miles on it. I drove the car back from the pickup point. When I got it home I noticed about an inch of mold all over the passengers side due to a water leak. I replaced all the carpet and seats $2200. Then the car would not start. Tune up for $1500 and the Brakes were shot $1800. I still have a few interior pieces to replace. Now the car is fun to drive. The Looks are great. Need to replace the complete weather stripping on the car.

1995 Corvette
By 1995 CORVETTE on 12/20/05 18:36 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I love this vehicle. I was a little bit hesitant at first to purchase this vehicle because of all the stories, "I wouldn't want to pay the repair bill!" ect... It has not givin me a problem yet. I've put 96,000 miles on it and all I've ever done was change oil and basic tune-ups. You will love this car!!

Power House
By power house on 11/18/05 12:52 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I fell in love with this vehicle the first time I seen it- It came rolling in at a tent sale in Florida- It was a real eye-catcher. I paid the lady well below book value and now it's mine- LT1---- 300hp---torch red--- vroooooooom!!

A machine
By jones on 11/03/05 12:57 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

A very good vehicle- power, handling, reliability- this vehicle is an eye- cather. It has not given me a problem yet. A very cool ride!

95 Vette dark red 115,000 mi
By Joe on 08/16/05 03:49 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

Cons:Clear coat on wheels, peeled in 2004 and had to be recoated. Excessive moisture in the air, Vette will not start. Water pump went out. Replaced water pump, and all the wiring. I had to replace 4 distributors over a 12 month period. It still sometimes will not start. Pros: I had all new plugs and wiring done; high quality. The performance was noticable. MPG went from 20 - 22, to 25 - 27 mpg. It has always been fun to drive, and what a pleasure it is on long drives. Sound quality is still good with the Bose Gold. May update later. I am deciding on what tires to replace it with, I will drive it all year long. Other than starting problems, the car is awesome.

It took 20years, but I finally got mine
By Mike C. on 06/21/05 17:59 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used from the original owner with 28,000 miles on it. The car runs great (that LT1 is turbine smooth) and is very comfortable for long trips (even with the base suspension). I've put 17,000 miles on it in the 3 years I've owned it. I haven't had any problems. I do get the odd WRX on my tail, but hey, I paid half of what that thing costs. Plus, it's a Vette! For those who complain about getting in/out of the Vette, remember, it's a sports car, not a Miata. With a little investment, this baby could run with Enzo's, F40's and Lambos at a fraction of the cost.

Chevy for show - Ford for go
By oulenz on 11/28/04 04:38 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

Great performance and looks. Poor quality and reliability. Had to replace alternator, timing belt, and battery just days after the warranty expired. While under warranty, had to have oil leak repaired, weather stripping replaced, drivers window scratches when open and closed. Five years later it again needed the same things fixed. Replaced all tires after only 26000 miles (about $370.00 each)! I had to buy a new battery eight years after buying my 1991 Ford... thats the only thing that has failed on it!

Great daily driver for mid teens
By StArrow68 on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

Got the '95 for a daily driver that would be fun to drive. It was a garage queen, of which I think there are many, and only had 18k miles after 8 years. Only issues were the engine well and one small frayed spot on the passenger carpet. Paint, weather stripping, tinted blue roof and rest of carpet and seats were in spotless condition, reflecting mileage and sitting in garage. Got it for mid sixteens and put new fluids in along with a good cleaning of the engine. Runs strong and just plain fun.