1995 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

1995 Corvette Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Sort Reviews by

Great ride
By smit60

1995 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have been looking for a long time in buying a corvette.I found a 95 coupe that was everything i was looking for.Every one loves the look of the. the ride is nice and easy to get use to driving.anyone would be happy to have 95 corvette.

Love it more every time I drive it
By Chick

1995 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I waited 50 years for my Corvette. Found this one with only 10K miles on it. Virtually a brand-new 15 year old car but drives and rides like a true GT. Mine has the sport seats and the glass roof so it's always entertaining, feels like an F-16 on takeoff. If you're seriously considering a Corvette, any Corvette, buy it. Fast, smooth, and beautiful - these cars are a screaming bargain. You will not be disappointed. The C5 is probably a better car and the C6 my neighbor owns is like your own personal amusement park, but my C4 does everything I want. I bought this car thinking I'd keep it for 6 months to a year. Now I think I'll keep it forever.

Favorite Features

Looks. Driving experience. Power. Handling. Good build quality for a Chevy. Clam shell hood.

Suggested Improvements

Everything they did to the C5- lower door sills, analog speedometer, 340 hp, except the looks.

1995 Chevrolet Corvette LT1 Auto
By Gary H.

1995 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Purchased the vehicle used with 33,600 miles and drive it as a daily-driver. At 147,600 miles I am still enjoying it just as much. This car is truly a great value. The price of these cars are low and the performance and dependability is high. The Clear Coat Base Coat black paint is beautiful. Even 14 years later it looks great. The performance is great. This is a whole lot of car for the money. The 100,000 tune-up is the first real money I have spent on it other than oil changes. Great Z07 brakes thanks to the elimination of the ZR1. Great vehicle for weekend get-aways. The rear compartment holds a lot of stuff and luggage. I really like the sleek timeless design.

Favorite Features

Drivetrain (HP, torque, performance, dependability, and fuel economy), paint, design, reliability, and brakes.

Suggested Improvements

The thin rubber coating over the console is too easily scratched. Looks great, but a bad idea.

1995 Chevrolet Corvette 2 Dr STD Coupe
By Gary H.

1995 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Mine is a daily driver and great for weekend get aways. The rear compartment holds more than you may think. The LT1 drivetrain has been outstanding (HP, torque, gas mileage, and dependable). The paint job still looks great after 14 years. Tune-ups every 100,000 miles is great. Not to mention Z07 brakes thanks to the elimination of the ZR1. Outstanding value, it affords me the ability to have a more expensive house note since these cars are so affordable.

Favorite Features

Drivetrain, brakes, performance, paint job, and timeless design.

Suggested Improvements

Different material on the console other than the thin rubber covered plastic. Easily scratched.

Good car
By Terry E. Clayton

1995 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

The car is fun to drive. The gas mileage is not the greatest, but the car does get up and go. Its got great style and good lines. I find it a little hard to get in and out of the car because it sits so low.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the color. Yellow is a great color for corvette in 1995.

Suggested Improvements

The best improvement would be in the ride.

Cheap fun Vette!
By pat taylor

1995 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Great car for the money. Very stable, great braking, quality paint for 13 years old! Runs as new!

Favorite Features

Clean looking body lines! LT-1, traction control button! Still shifts as new and 27 mpg at 75 mph

Suggested Improvements

Plastic interior, stereo system, unbolting that targo top!

!995 Corvette
By john g

1995 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love this car. It has plenty of power to justify instant incarceration. It rides stiff and really isn't made for bumpy roads, but don't let this fact discourage you from buying it. The value and quality of the build of the car far out weigh the negatives.I can honestly say that if you are considering a Camaro or Mustang, change your mind! You can't get a better car in its class for a better price( 8k-13k )

Favorite Features

Power, awesome interior, great look of a Vette

Suggested Improvements

Better door panel attachment hardware, Better power anttenae

A blast to drive
By themurph

1995 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I purchased this vehicle recently and don't know. I have waited so long to get a Corvette. It is fun to drive and the fuel economy is not bad. A great V- 8 sound with good low end torque and plenty of horsepwer to scream top end.

Favorite Features

Performance, style, and sound (V-8)

Suggested Improvements

Better remote entry

'95 Artic White LT1 A4
By Darel

1995 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

After purchasing the car I believe I paid about $1000 too much. However I'm happy with the purchase and think overall it's a great car to have in the garage.

Favorite Features

Clam shell hood. LT1 300HP

Suggested Improvements

Interior trim cracks easily. Rubber coated interior trim pieces wear quickly. If possible replace as much as possible with leather covered pieces.

Fell in love with it again
By Keith S

1995 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Was actually looking to buy a '97 or later used Corvette but when accidently came across the ad and pictures of the car. Then it came back to me how much I was impressed by the look of the later C4s when I saw them. And at first I thought "no way I'm a 'Torch Red' kind of guy, but the more I thought about it, hey, why not -ts a Vette! I love the look, size feel and reactions to this car. Yes it is impossible to get in and out of and yes it is loud, but hey it is a sports car!

Favorite Features

The way it looks, the looks it gets. Handles good on a smooth surface road and feels just right sitting in it.

Suggested Improvements

Could have been structurally better built and attention to wind and water leaks into the cabin. But again, its a "Vette". If you always wanted one, get it. You've probably earned it.