1994 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

1994 Corvette Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Sort Reviews by

Love this car
By cooper1994

1994 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Just recently purchased my 94 vette with a little over a 125,000 miles and I have to say, I love this car. The performance, styling, handling, everything. Wish I would have bought one years ago/

Favorite Features

The entire car.

Suggested Improvements

None, the car is awesome

1994 LT-1 Coupe
By crimeguy

1994 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've had this car now for eight years. I'm the third owner and got it with 14,500 miles; it now has 25,000 on the odometer. Besides being fun to drive, it's still a head-turner. The 350 V-8 runs very strong. The car is in solid #2 condition and I use it strictly as a summer cruiser. What a great automobile!

what a fun car to drive
By norm64

1994 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

i bought this car of a co worker who need cash fast for 6,500, clean as whip only 80,000 mile on car. car is built very well

Favorite Features

seating fit like glove copit like performance fast handling like no other

Suggested Improvements

cd player stinks

Cheap smiles -
By 94vette

1994 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've had my 94 vette for 5 years and driven it around 12K miles. It currently has around 68k miles, and I haven't had any major problems - the CD has died twice thats it. It was a $125 repair - if it goes again I will go aftermarket and get Ipod integration bluetooth etc which would be a nice updgrade in an older car. For the price I paid for this car you can't touch the performance, styling and fun factor of this car with anything else out there. Even moving up to a C5 costs a lot more. Makes a great summer toy. Do yourself a favor and find a clean one and you will be happy you took the time and spent a little more. That's what I did and couldn't be happier (unless I had a new Z06)

Favorite Features

Roomy - I am 6'2 and its very comfortable. Dual targa tops, glass and fiberglass. Smile it puts on your face when you mash the pedal to the floor.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality plastics and interior. Asthetically the interior is good, but looks a bit cheap by today's standards. Bose CD player is not very reliable. Ive repaired mine twice in 5 years. May be worth just ripping it out for a nice pioneer with gps or something similar.

Wow
By OptimusPrime

1994 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought the car last week. Wow! Can't even describe this car. It literally gets the heart pumping. It looks awesome. Gets a lot of attention. It sticks to the road like its on rails. Corners are a blast, no need to slow down with this one. It the best toy I have ever owned!

Favorite Features

Reasonable to maintain vs an imported sports car and the work can be done by most owners if they want a hobby. Information, parts, and performance kits are very available.

Suggested Improvements

It lacks nothing I need to have fun.

Fun to Drive
By New Vette Owner

1994 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I am a proud new owner of a '94 Vette. I must admit it is a tight fit it you are large size, and getting in and out can be a challenge, but what an exhilarating ride. It definitely pins you in the seat

Favorite Features

I love the body style, and the LT-1 engine has been reliable. Handles like a glove

Suggested Improvements

A lot of squeaks and creaks, would recommend sound proofing. Interior looks a little inferior. Getting in and out can be a burden, however worth every penny.

New toy
By Rick

1994 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is first Vette that I have not only owned in some time (30 years+) but driven as well. It has 119000 miles but still runs great. I was pleased and amazed with the gas mileage (22+), more than my Nissan v-6 pickup, again amazing for the performance. As can be expected I have to do repairs and some restoration, but overall for a performance car over 12 years old with 119000 miles it is still in great condition considering. It is not only fun to drive but great to look at (new models c-6 ugly) but that's my opinion.

Favorite Features

Looks, performance.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the headlight system. Interior parts could be better quality, but again for a 12 year old performance car, most everything still works except the gas guage, amazing!

My 94 Vette
By pault

1994 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Seats have faded, but are not yet torn. Cracking of the paint is noticed on the rear of the car. Performance is still good, however overheating is a difficulty, I generally have to turn the 'ASR' off, as it has a tendency to activate too soon for my tastes. Just a few minor repairs needed such as passenger window doesn't work.

Favorite Features

I prefer this body style to the newer Vettes due to the hood lifting totally out of the way, exposing more engine access.

Suggested Improvements

The electronic shocks and the engine cooling have been a problem on the three C-4 vettes I have owned.

Affordable Icon
By SparkyOKC

1994 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Best American car - bar none. Exceptional quality for a US mfgr. circa 1990s. 3300 lbs. w/ 300 hp & 330 ft/lbs torque. American pushrod smallblock V8s rule. Amazing technology for the 90's. 5 onboard computers, ABS, ASR, dual airbags. Great weekend or summer hobby car.

Favorite Features

Full throttle! And averaging. 21 MPG - and that's w/ a 4-speed automatic and a performance rear-end.

Suggested Improvements

Cheap interior. C4 Corvettes squeak.

2nd best car I have ever owned
By e Mccoy

1994 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I had a 1991 Corvette and it was the worst car I had ever owned. I was going to never drive another vette again and this one came along. New on the show room. It has been great. I have driven it in every state over every kind of road and just love it. It has 182000 miles with no trouble.

Favorite Features

Great looks and great power. I did add a lot more power for not that much money. Went from 300 to 430 hp.

Suggested Improvements

More foot room for the passenger. Which they did with the 97 and newer.