Used 1993 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

I finally got one
By Finallymine

1993 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Ever since I was a kid, I always wanted a Corvette. Now that I own one, I can't say that I'm disappointed. It accelerates like a rocket, and rattles and creaks like one too. However, that's aCoorvette. It is what it is, and you love it for that. It looks great, handles great too. Going to Carlisle for the Corvette show with my son was a blast. Seeing the smile on his face when I tossed him the keys so he could drive home was priceless. My Dad never did that for me.

Favorite Features

It's amazing style lines, acceleration, and handling, plus the sound of a V8 engine when you open it up.

Suggested Improvements

I've seen the new ones(2005), and sat in it ,although I didn't drive it. My car rattles, and creaks whenever I hit a large pothole or bump in the road, which is part of normal driving in NJ. Make it quiet, and a little less kidney shaking in average day to day driving.The new ones do look great.

Lots of FUN!
By RRRAM2

1993 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car so far has been the most fun car I have ever had. It sports excellent looks, excellent fuel economy, seat slaming acceleration and go cart handleing. It is very hard to get in and out of. Driving this car is pure joy unless you have to get in and out alot. Under hard accleration it literally jumps from 39 mph to 45, and it doesnt hit 3rd gear until it hits 90mph. I found all the computerized ride and drive controls to be disappoining. I dont need a car correcting me for driving like I'm on the race track. It quickly limits your wheels spin and a true posi rear end would have been better than the limited slip they gave it. It's a true racecar

Favorite Features

massive torque, exterior styling. excellent handleing and accleration.

Suggested Improvements

true posi rear end, a quicker release for the removeable top (the ratchet and screws are slow and painful to remove and reattach)

Great Bang for the $$
By Steel

1993 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Owned it for 7 years now (2nd owner)and the 1st time it needed a repair (bad fuel pump). Been extremely reliabile with 83K miles and gets unbelievable gas milage for a high performance car. I can get up to 38mpg at 60mph with the mods I made (gave more power too) & avg 22-24 in town with the 6spd. You can not beat it for the money ANYWHERE!!!!

Favorite Features

Gas milage, reliablity, performance

Suggested Improvements

Make it smaller & lighter, get rid of the dual mass flywheel and move the cup holder to where the the gear shift will not hit it going into reverse & 6 gear.

93TOENV
By RML

1993 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, THIS VETTE IS WHAT IT IS, A ROUGH RIDING, SPITFIRE OF POWER AND THE HARDEST CAR TO DRIVE I'VE EVER OWNED. RAW POWER THAT TAKES COURAGE TO PUT YOUR FOOT INTO AND HANG ON FOR THE WILD RIDE.

Favorite Features

BODY STYLE AND PERFORMANCE

Suggested Improvements

MAKE IT EASIER FOR A 6'3", 230 POUND GUY TO GET IN & OUT OF