Used 1993 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Our Ruby Red Corvette
By Wheels

1993 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

First saw a 40th Anniversary Ruby Red at a Corvette show. Love at first sight. Bought ours a month later w/ < 14 K miles. The car has all the options including ride control and performance axel. The performance is fantastic for an LT-1. The car is all original except for a new water pump and upgraded optispark ignition which was replaced two years ago. CD player belt was replaced this year. No other problems. It's absolutely wonderful to drive, but due to a recent serious leg injury handicap, difficult to get into and out of. It's an experience to treasure. Highly recommend the Corvette to anyone who enjoys driving. You only live once, don't deny yourself one of life's few pleasures.

Convertible. Head Turning Beauty. Performance. Great fuel economy for the power. Comfortable ride. Easy access to features. Luggage Rack for traveling. Chick magnet for the single guy. Motorhead magnet for the single girl. Fun! Fun! Fun!

Limited interior storage for traveling. High sills make it difficult for entry and exit for older folks like me.

Great Car!
By Robert Marks

1993 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

We have not had this car a year and it has required almost no repairs - just tires,which you will burn up if you drive without the stability control and are always hammering the gas. For the money this is an excellent car and a true race car. This car is one of the most fun to drive cars I have ever driven. Gas mileage is excellent for such power. The transmission is smooth. Seats are a bit stiff and the ride is much like that of a go-kart, But this car is FAST and the ride is tight. It is very hard to get in and out of. Overall a great reliable car and I have no complaints. The passive remote keyless entry is a super feature and was new this year.

Massive tourque, excellent handling, great gas mileage. I get 25mpg on the highway! My 4 cylinder Camry only gets 30!

Make it easier to get in and out of the car. Put some padding in the seats!

I finally got one
By Finallymine

1993 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

Ever since I was a kid, I always wanted a Corvette. Now that I own one, I can't say that I'm disappointed. It accelerates like a rocket, and rattles and creaks like one too. However, that's aCoorvette. It is what it is, and you love it for that. It looks great, handles great too. Going to Carlisle for the Corvette show with my son was a blast. Seeing the smile on his face when I tossed him the keys so he could drive home was priceless. My Dad never did that for me.

It's amazing style lines, acceleration, and handling, plus the sound of a V8 engine when you open it up.

I've seen the new ones(2005), and sat in it ,although I didn't drive it. My car rattles, and creaks whenever I hit a large pothole or bump in the road, which is part of normal driving in NJ. Make it quiet, and a little less kidney shaking in average day to day driving.The new ones do look great.

Lots of FUN!
By RRRAM2

1993 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

This car so far has been the most fun car I have ever had. It sports excellent looks, excellent fuel economy, seat slaming acceleration and go cart handleing. It is very hard to get in and out of. Driving this car is pure joy unless you have to get in and out alot. Under hard accleration it literally jumps from 39 mph to 45, and it doesnt hit 3rd gear until it hits 90mph. I found all the computerized ride and drive controls to be disappoining. I dont need a car correcting me for driving like I'm on the race track. It quickly limits your wheels spin and a true posi rear end would have been better than the limited slip they gave it. It's a true racecar

massive torque, exterior styling. excellent handleing and accleration.

true posi rear end, a quicker release for the removeable top (the ratchet and screws are slow and painful to remove and reattach)

Great Bang for the $$
By Steel

1993 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

Owned it for 7 years now (2nd owner)and the 1st time it needed a repair (bad fuel pump). Been extremely reliabile with 83K miles and gets unbelievable gas milage for a high performance car. I can get up to 38mpg at 60mph with the mods I made (gave more power too) & avg 22-24 in town with the 6spd. You can not beat it for the money ANYWHERE!!!!

Gas milage, reliablity, performance

Make it smaller & lighter, get rid of the dual mass flywheel and move the cup holder to where the the gear shift will not hit it going into reverse & 6 gear.