Used 1993 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 - (3 reviews )

Our Ruby Red Corvette
By Wheels

1993 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible

First saw a 40th Anniversary Ruby Red at a Corvette show. Love at first sight. Bought ours a month later w/ < 14 K miles. The car has all the options including ride control and performance axel. The performance is fantastic for an LT-1. The car is all original except for a new water pump and upgraded optispark ignition which was replaced two years ago. CD player belt was replaced this year. No other problems. It's absolutely wonderful to drive, but due to a recent serious leg injury handicap, difficult to get into and out of. It's an experience to treasure. Highly recommend the Corvette to anyone who enjoys driving. You only live once, don't deny yourself one of life's few pleasures.

Convertible. Head Turning Beauty. Performance. Great fuel economy for the power. Comfortable ride. Easy access to features. Luggage Rack for traveling. Chick magnet for the single guy. Motorhead magnet for the single girl. Fun! Fun! Fun!

Limited interior storage for traveling. High sills make it difficult for entry and exit for older folks like me.

Idiotic Placement of Water Pump/Controls
By mpristas

1993 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible

I would like to meet the moron who designed the engine layout for this car. They placed the water pump over the solid state controls for the engine. If the $700 water pump goes, so goes the $1000 engine electrical controls. I have had this car for 4 weeks an have sunk $2k in the car. What a piece of crap. I am going back to German cars.

Classic Convertible, Great Car
By robin

1993 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car gently used in 1995 with 19,000 miles on it. It now has 95,000 miles and I think all I have replaced on it is the water pump and a belt. Of course besides normal maintenance and tires being quite expensive, this car has been a total joy to own.

The power of this car is excellent, the body lines are classic, all around great car

Softer leather seats. I would not recommend anyone take their vehicle for maintenance or otherwise to Lawrence Marshall Chevrolet in Hempstead, Texas