1992 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Excellent Ride/Sucky Radio
By ToplessVette on 06/01/10 10:56 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

I'm an Aircraft Mechanic and this is similar to a cockpit so I feel right at home. Ride is rough but it's a sports car, what do you expect. 6 speed tranny is great.

Dream car!
By DempseyG on 03/13/10 18:43 PM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

This is my second Vette. The first was an 82 Collector Edition. It was a good car and a lot of fun but had major problems. This car Easily gets 30mpg On the highway if I use "cruise". The car was sold new in Germany to a military person and shipped back here in '97. It's in great shape uses NO fluids of any type and ahs had to have no repairs since I bought it. Red w/black int. it's a real eye catcher and a lot of fun that costs me near nothing! I would only trade it for a newer one. I'm totally sold on Corvettes! Dollar for dollar, the best sports car in the world!

UNEEK1992 CORVETTE
By ROGER HOLLON on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

SINCE I HAVE OWNED MY CORVETTE IT HAS BEEN A DREAM COME TRUE, NOTHING LIKE CRUISING AND SHOWING OFF THIS FANTASTIC RIDE.

Quality Costs less
By Funone on 09/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

I bought this car as 14 years old with just under 36,000 miles. It looks and rides like just off the show room floor. Red with Red interior, 6 speed and all the fun you can pack into the CD with Beach Boys music. It is ALL AMERICAN low end grunt with V8 horse power! Gas mileage is great on the highway as 23 MPH and city driving at 18. My Jeep only gets 18 highwat and 14 city. Other claims of Vette milage like a Honda civic are just not true.

Real American Muscle
By RedLT1 on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I bought the car with 15,000 miles and one year later have 25,000 miles on it. It is a lot of fun, although a pain to get into. Once you are in it feels like you are wearing the car. I average 25 mpg on the road with my foot in it. Where else can you get this much power and still get respectable gas mileage?

WOW ! Great quality almost 12 years !!!
By Ted Leonardi on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

I bought this 1992 beauty 6 months / 8000 miles ago, at 17000 original miles after 10 year storage in Indianapolis... drove home to Vancouver, Washington via El Paso and San Diego... 4000 miles in 13 days... Got 30.1 mpg and didn't use a drop of oil... Now at 25000 miles and 12 years of age, car is flawless, with a history of zero repairs to date, still on original spark plugs, dry oil pan bottoms (no drip or leaks), not even a rattle... every-day driver, averaging 22.3 mpg around town with perfect performance from the 300 hp LT-1 5.7 liter, 6-speed manual, 3.45 axle drivetrain... "Hats Off" to the Bowling Green contingent of General Motors!!!

I love it anyway!
By BradleyP on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I got her with 96K miles, and now have 108K. I had to put about $2000 into repairs and general upkeep. I now have a slight tick in the rear end, could cost $1500 in parts. I am going to run it at the track again this year, we'll see how far I get! It drives great and very fun, but be prepared to spend money.

a real car buff
By GeneinSC on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

Bought this in 1998 and it only had 4k miles on it....just like new in the guys garage and he had a 93 coupe for sale as well. Car is just like new, in looks and in every other way.

1992 Convertible
By NJ VETTE on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

Have a 1992 Convertible with the removable fiberglass top. This car has been great overall. I am relatively rough on cars (acceleration etc) and the vette holds it's own. The tranny went around 78K which was a big suprise (as my brother's 1987 has 150K miles and is still on the original tranny). Even with the tranny I still think this car will last another 3 years easy.

Love it!
By 92Shawnster on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I bought the '92 with 92000 miles on the clock and after a year of flat out fun, have about 101000 miles and as many smiles! The true American Sports Car is alive and well!!