Used 1992 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

1992 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Excellent Ride/Sucky Radio
By ToplessVette

1992 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

I'm an Aircraft Mechanic and this is similar to a cockpit so I feel right at home. Ride is rough but it's a sports car, what do you expect. 6 speed tranny is great.

Suggested Improvements

My Vette kept draining the Battery. Went to several shops that couldn't find the problem. I finally hooked up a test light in series with the battery terminal and pulled the fuses one at a time till the light went dim. The Bose Radio has a short. So I agree with the other reviewers. Lose the Bose.

Dream car!
By DempseyG

1992 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

This is my second Vette. The first was an 82 Collector Edition. It was a good car and a lot of fun but had major problems. This car Easily gets 30mpg On the highway if I use "cruise". The car was sold new in Germany to a military person and shipped back here in '97. It's in great shape uses NO fluids of any type and ahs had to have no repairs since I bought it. Red w/black int. it's a real eye catcher and a lot of fun that costs me near nothing! I would only trade it for a newer one. I'm totally sold on Corvettes! Dollar for dollar, the best sports car in the world!

Favorite Features

Economy for a car with so much power!

Suggested Improvements

Something besides Bose for the stereo.

UNEEK1992 CORVETTE
By ROGER HOLLON

1992 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

SINCE I HAVE OWNED MY CORVETTE IT HAS BEEN A DREAM COME TRUE, NOTHING LIKE CRUISING AND SHOWING OFF THIS FANTASTIC RIDE.

Quality Costs less
By Funone

1992 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

I bought this car as 14 years old with just under 36,000 miles. It looks and rides like just off the show room floor. Red with Red interior, 6 speed and all the fun you can pack into the CD with Beach Boys music. It is ALL AMERICAN low end grunt with V8 horse power! Gas mileage is great on the highway as 23 MPH and city driving at 18. My Jeep only gets 18 highwat and 14 city. Other claims of Vette milage like a Honda civic are just not true.

Favorite Features

6 speed shift with a real clutch, none of this automatic stick shifts like the German car producers promote.

Suggested Improvements

I have owned 6 Corvettes.. all have had the "Delco Bose" sound system.. It is a piece of junk. They all have given me problems and must be the highest warranty item that GM makes.

Real American Muscle
By RedLT1

1992 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I bought the car with 15,000 miles and one year later have 25,000 miles on it. It is a lot of fun, although a pain to get into. Once you are in it feels like you are wearing the car. I average 25 mpg on the road with my foot in it. Where else can you get this much power and still get respectable gas mileage?

Favorite Features

Awesome acceleration, great looks, and the attention it gets.

Suggested Improvements

The car has been improved. My only complaint with the car is the harsh ride, but it is a Corvette and not a Cadillac. If you want a smooth ride buy a Cadillac.