1990 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
After 18 years...Still a great Vette!!
By 1990 Corvette on 02/18/08 15:36 PM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

After 18 years, still a "eye catcher" and one fast machine! Approx. 122k miles with no major repairs! Best performance car I've owned! If you want a great looking, fast and a joy to drive find yourself a C4 Vette! Handles great and lots of torque!

17 year old Corvette, still fun
By inaband on 11/19/07 21:43 PM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I have a C5, and I had a chance to buy this 1990, for cheap, could not turn it down, new clutch, great sound, needs detailing, but any C4 is a bargain these days, if you find one buy it. These are still simple enough to work on, except for the electrical issues that are hard to figure out...lucky for me, my car is fine.

Best performance bargain out there
By ZR-601 on 08/21/07 18:55 PM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 2dr Coupe

Now the average joe can afford a supercar. For the price of a used Honda Accord, you can purchase one of the highest-performing cars from the '90's. These cars sold for over $70,000 new (over $100,000 in today's dollars) and only 6,000 or so were made. I predict that they will skyrocket in value in 5 to 10 years.

Red Vette Convertible
By Gary on 05/02/07 12:55 PM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

I purchased this Corvette for fun and it has certainly not disappointed. While a bit tight to get into and out of, you can't drive it without a smile on your face. Power is adequate, not mind boggling. Handling is great. Convertible top, though manual, goes up and down with ease.

2nd Hand Beauty
By Bill on 09/07/05 10:07 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

Nice car, good buy for anyone who wants a sports car but doesn't have big money to buy one. Still turns heads.

Red Rocket
By Bobby H on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

Bought it new and store it every winter. It is completely original down to the tires. Each spring is a kick in the pants when it is brought out of the garage. The 6 speed shifts smoothly and easily tops 100 in 3rd. On trips it always gets at least 28 miles per gallon. What more could you ask for...and when I bought it there was a $10k factory incentive so it only cost $28k new. WOW!!

Red Rocket -
By Dave B - Canada on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

I own an 87 Corvette - only 30,000 miles on it - runs like a new car, performs like a race car. Chev was right at the top of their game. IT's a joy to work on, modify and lots of stuff to buy to make it even better... cheap to buy used, and cheap to modify to stellar levels [compared to other high po cars]. No problems, except the alarm system.

You Can NOT Beat A Vette!!!!
By WeaponX on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

Bought My 1986 Z51 Coupe this Summer and it Simple Destroys Any Other Car I've Ever Owned!! I Can Not Say Enough About the Sheer Amount of Torque in These Cars!! People Talk about H.P. but thats because They Do Not Understand what Chevy and Every Corvette Owner Knows,YOU CANNOT REPLACE THE POWER TORQUE!! Any any Gear(I have the 4 + 3) I Can Snap a Neck Back at the Drop of a Dime it is Amazing for a Car that is Almost 20 Years Old and Really has No Rivals Other than Exotics,NEW 2003 Cobras or of Course Other Vettes!! Please at Any Chance You Get In Life at Least Test Drive One of these Animals!!!

ZR-1 After 10 years of driving
By Ken M. on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 2dr Coupe

Just a thrill and fun car to drive. I thought that the "muscle" cars like from the 60's would never come back. I was wrong. I bought mine with 12500 miles on it, was just broken in and ready to really go!