Stung by quality issues and serious defects
By firemark on
2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)
I've had my z51 automatic for 2 months now and just over 800 miles... minus the 10 days it sat at the dealer for replacement of the torque tube and bad bearings. My neighbor called the rattler due to all the noise from under the car. The infotainment system is full of bugs, loudly prompts " Please say a command" at random times. The nav screen goes haywire like a 50's TV set and the temp setting controls are awful and won't maintain a constant temp. GM now acknowledged the system issues but has no fix, stating they "may" have a fix in late February. The steering design is poor where tight turns at low speed are lumpy, yet the GM manual says this is "normal".
Favorite Features
The exterior styling is nice except for the back that looks chopped off.
Suggested Improvements
Take is back and start over. Pay attention to quality before releasing a very high priced POS. Sorry but the hype of improved seat comfort is a joke. I can't imagine what the earlier models were like. Sit in it for an hour and then judge for yourself. Bottom side bolsters are just too hard.
By mpaulik
on 02/19/14 15:44 PM (PST)

I have a z-51 also with 2000miles. Major wheel chatter/bumping problem.also, clutch now being replaced. No fix for chatter and GM legal states "normal characteristic of vehicle" and won't take back or exchange it for non z-51. Considering lemon law or class action suit to resolve. Many others having same issues. Any interest?