Oh my - Fantastic Car!
By thmlnrg on
2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)
I purchased a Premiere Coupe with the manual transmission and have owned it now for 3 weeks. I took it easy (hard to do) for the first 200 miles – something that is in the manual. The drive train is smooth and of course the car is fast. I have been driving in Econ mode and still lots of power. Everyone reading a review knows the car handles well but what surprises me is the suspension is stiff for no body roll but at the same time the suspension is not stiff - absorbs road bumps very smoothly. It is like your mind says turn and the car just does it effortlessly.
Favorite Features
Beautiful Car - nothing like it I have the brownstone interior and it is a work of art. Very comfortable. Love the new car aroma, but Corvette new car aroma is special. I have not read it anywhere but I think the top of the drivers side dash is the shape of a Stingray – very cool. I really, really love the color Heads Up Display (HUD). It is like there is a hologram projecting from the front end of the car.
Suggested Improvements
The wheels are nice but the inside of the wheels are not polished and to me this area shows. I plan on removing the wheels one at a time and will polish the inside or take them to a wheel resoration shop and get them done. Not real fond of the front wheel hop when making slow sharp turns with cold tires. But something has to give with such wide front tires. Would like the seat to go back back a bit more.