2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette Stingray model:
Poor Reliability
By shamrock11 on 11/25/14 09:58 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I have had a major failure of the power train (torque tube) at 2000 miles and 6500 miles. It is a beautiful and fun car when it isn't in the shop.

Apparently not for New England area
By mainemic on 09/02/14 11:35 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I have had my new Corvette for about a month and the negative features overshadow the thumbs up I get from lots of folks. The biggest gripe is this so called fuel saving feature. If while cruising along I have to back off the gas, slow down and reapply, the transmission stays in high gear and I can feel the car jerking to get up a hill. No engine lights have come on. This is my 4th Corvette and now I am wishing I had of gotten the standard transmission.

The C7 is a superb machine
By jrwaurora on 07/26/14 11:08 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Purchased C7 to replace a 370Z. Realize after driving the C7 the Nissan was like driving a turtle. This is my first vette and the curb appeal is beyond anything I imagined. Jet black, upgrade wheels and red calipers. Have parked it next to several Porsches and the C7 streamlining and exterior lines make the German stuff look like cartoon cars. You are paying 1/2 as much for a car that looks twice as good...that's a good deal in anybody's book. Performance and acceleration are awesome.

Awesome Car
By wvanepps on 04/17/14 11:17 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe Z51 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I also own a 2013 BMW M3 Coupe which I compare every car against (one of the best cars ever made IMO) and this is the first American car I have bought in a long time. I purchased a Laguna Blue Z51 manual with the performance exhaust and magnetic ride control. The Stingray drives, handles, and looks awesome. I cannot even get gas without a crowd gathering around the car. The acceleration of the car is extremely fast and the noise it makes in sport or track mode is mind blowing. The manual transmission shifts smoothly and the clear removable hard top does a great job of blocking heat. I have never considered buying a Corvette before but I am really glad I did.

Stung by quality issues and serious defects
By firemark on 12/18/13 17:34 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe Z51 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I've had my z51 automatic for 2 months now and just over 800 miles... minus the 10 days it sat at the dealer for replacement of the torque tube and bad bearings. My neighbor called the rattler due to all the noise from under the car. The infotainment system is full of bugs, loudly prompts " Please say a command" at random times. The nav screen goes haywire like a 50's TV set and the temp setting controls are awful and won't maintain a constant temp. GM now acknowledged the system issues but has no fix, stating they "may" have a fix in late February. The steering design is poor where tight turns at low speed are lumpy, yet the GM manual says this is "normal".

First Corvette
By flyboy65 on 12/18/13 16:37 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

We purchased this car 11/25/2013. What fun to drive. 3LT, Dual roof, Aluminum Chrome Wheels, Automatic, Multi-mode exhaust, Carbon Fiber Interior, et. al. Cyber Gray Metallic. Great car a real head rotator. The sharpest looking Corvette since 1963! The comfort level is amazing for a Corvette. We were planning on purchasing a MB SLK 55 AMG, but this car offered a lot more for less. The sophistication of this car is mind boggling, and the fun-to-drive factor is off the chart. This car is a quantum leap forward on the evolutionary scale of the Corvette. We are planning some back road tours in this car. the car is not perfect, but for the money it is outstanding!

Oh my - Fantastic Car!
By thmlnrg on 11/28/13 15:24 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe Z51 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I purchased a Premiere Coupe with the manual transmission and have owned it now for 3 weeks. I took it easy (hard to do) for the first 200 miles – something that is in the manual. The drive train is smooth and of course the car is fast. I have been driving in Econ mode and still lots of power. Everyone reading a review knows the car handles well but what surprises me is the suspension is stiff for no body roll but at the same time the suspension is not stiff - absorbs road bumps very smoothly. It is like your mind says turn and the car just does it effortlessly.

My first 'Vette Ever!!!
By viceroy2019 on 11/25/13 10:59 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Never wanted a Corvette in my whole life until this one. Always liked them a little, but never loved them enough to buy one----always seemed made for guys in their 60's. This is the FIRST Corvette clearly made for my generation!! I was hunting for a used 911 Turbo or GT-R last Spring when I saw the first reveal of the new Stingray. WOW!! I knew then the Porsche and Nissan were history for me.

2014 C7
By tigerstl on 11/05/13 18:36 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I've had my C7 for 7 weeks. Fit and finish are great & no mechanical issues. I've owned a C5 & a C6 Z51. The C7 out performs both. The curb appeal is amazing. Going from Touring mode to Sport mode on twisty roads clearly demonstrates the dramatic improvement that GM has built into this car. Straight line performance is scary and amazing at the same time. This is a fun ride.

Best Value on the Market
By crichie on 10/12/13 06:51 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe Z51 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I've had my Laguna special edition Stingray for about a week now and all I can say is WOW!! GM really got it right with this one. I've owned a Porsche 911 Turbo S, Lamborghini Gallardo, and I still own a Mclaren MP4 and with the exception of the McLaren I would take the Corvette over all of them. The performance for what will end up being the base Stingray is amazing. Throttle response is phenomenal and handling is as sharp as one of the super cars I mention above. What really surprised me was the interior...the interior on my car is done really well in brown leather and suede. The dash is brown leather and the doors are covered in suede and leather. Simply put it is an amazing car!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe in VA is:

$134 per month*