2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette Stingray model:
More than meets the eye
By golfbone on 06/29/14 04:15 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

This is my third Corvette after 2 C6s and of course anyone who has seen the car knows that it's a huge esthetic upgrade over the previous model. It isn't until you drive one and live with it however that you can begin to appreciate how much better the car is inn every way. It's much more refined, quieter, faster, better handling, better riding, comfortable and well thought through than than the previous Vette's I've owned which were like beautiful smiles missing a few teeth. This car is the real deal and it's an absolute joy in every way. I look forward to every drive in it and it makes me feel like an super hero when I drive it. Strongly recommend the mag ride, Z51 and NPP exhaust.

Best American sports car ever made(so far)
By jeffg13 on 06/27/14 17:48 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I have had various American muscle cars in my life and also currently own a cadillac ATS turbo 2.0 which is a great car. Like soem other reviewers have stated I always liked vettes but not enough to plunk down the cash for it. Luckily I'm at the stage of my life where I cab finally afford a performance machine like the C7. This version is a serious performance machine. In order to get similar performance rfom an import you can easily spend 30-70K more than a well equipped C7. I bought a 2LT, Z51 convertible which i think is a great combo package for 70k. Best performance value on the market hands down and this car not only performs, feels and drives great but is also equally stunning looking

Awesome Car
By wvanepps on 04/17/14 11:17 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I also own a 2013 BMW M3 Coupe which I compare every car against (one of the best cars ever made IMO) and this is the first American car I have bought in a long time. I purchased a Laguna Blue Z51 manual with the performance exhaust and magnetic ride control. The Stingray drives, handles, and looks awesome. I cannot even get gas without a crowd gathering around the car. The acceleration of the car is extremely fast and the noise it makes in sport or track mode is mind blowing. The manual transmission shifts smoothly and the clear removable hard top does a great job of blocking heat. I have never considered buying a Corvette before but I am really glad I did.

Stung by quality issues and serious defects
By firemark on 12/18/13 17:34 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I've had my z51 automatic for 2 months now and just over 800 miles... minus the 10 days it sat at the dealer for replacement of the torque tube and bad bearings. My neighbor called the rattler due to all the noise from under the car. The infotainment system is full of bugs, loudly prompts " Please say a command" at random times. The nav screen goes haywire like a 50's TV set and the temp setting controls are awful and won't maintain a constant temp. GM now acknowledged the system issues but has no fix, stating they "may" have a fix in late February. The steering design is poor where tight turns at low speed are lumpy, yet the GM manual says this is "normal".

First Corvette
By flyboy65 on 12/18/13 16:37 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

We purchased this car 11/25/2013. What fun to drive. 3LT, Dual roof, Aluminum Chrome Wheels, Automatic, Multi-mode exhaust, Carbon Fiber Interior, et. al. Cyber Gray Metallic. Great car a real head rotator. The sharpest looking Corvette since 1963! The comfort level is amazing for a Corvette. We were planning on purchasing a MB SLK 55 AMG, but this car offered a lot more for less. The sophistication of this car is mind boggling, and the fun-to-drive factor is off the chart. This car is a quantum leap forward on the evolutionary scale of the Corvette. We are planning some back road tours in this car. the car is not perfect, but for the money it is outstanding!

Oh my - Fantastic Car!
By thmlnrg on 11/28/13 15:24 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I purchased a Premiere Coupe with the manual transmission and have owned it now for 3 weeks. I took it easy (hard to do) for the first 200 miles – something that is in the manual. The drive train is smooth and of course the car is fast. I have been driving in Econ mode and still lots of power. Everyone reading a review knows the car handles well but what surprises me is the suspension is stiff for no body roll but at the same time the suspension is not stiff - absorbs road bumps very smoothly. It is like your mind says turn and the car just does it effortlessly.

My first 'Vette Ever!!!
By viceroy2019 on 11/25/13 10:59 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

Never wanted a Corvette in my whole life until this one. Always liked them a little, but never loved them enough to buy one----always seemed made for guys in their 60's. This is the FIRST Corvette clearly made for my generation!! I was hunting for a used 911 Turbo or GT-R last Spring when I saw the first reveal of the new Stingray. WOW!! I knew then the Porsche and Nissan were history for me.

2014 C7
By tigerstl on 11/05/13 18:36 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I've had my C7 for 7 weeks. Fit and finish are great & no mechanical issues. I've owned a C5 & a C6 Z51. The C7 out performs both. The curb appeal is amazing. Going from Touring mode to Sport mode on twisty roads clearly demonstrates the dramatic improvement that GM has built into this car. Straight line performance is scary and amazing at the same time. This is a fun ride.

Best Value on the Market
By crichie on 10/12/13 06:51 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I've had my Laguna special edition Stingray for about a week now and all I can say is WOW!! GM really got it right with this one. I've owned a Porsche 911 Turbo S, Lamborghini Gallardo, and I still own a Mclaren MP4 and with the exception of the McLaren I would take the Corvette over all of them. The performance for what will end up being the base Stingray is amazing. Throttle response is phenomenal and handling is as sharp as one of the super cars I mention above. What really surprised me was the interior...the interior on my car is done really well in brown leather and suede. The dash is brown leather and the doors are covered in suede and leather. Simply put it is an amazing car!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray in VA is:

$186 per month*