1996 Chevrolet Corsica - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 3-speed Automatic - (33 reviews )
Repair Nightmare
By van on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

Although the basic engine block seems well built, we've had to replace/rebuild nearly all external components ie: trans, alternator, power steering pump, rack-in-pinion seeering, complete brake system and complete cooling system overhaul. We've paid as much to keep it running as we paid for it, and it's only 7 years old.

Good beginner car
By J. G. on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

---County assigned vehicle-- I make several business contacts daily and fall victim to comments that describe the car as "White trash" and/or "Gheto". Secondly, after reading several safety reviews (NHTSA and NCAP to name a few) was surprised at how unsafe the vehicle is. According to reports, if your in a frontal crash the front passenger has a great likelyhood of sustaining severe head injury. Third, the handling on the car sucks!!!! The suspension is very weak, causing alot of weight transfer. The interior is cramped and appears cheap(And no I'm not fat).

96' Corsica!
By TimK on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

I bought my Corsica with around 40k mileage on it. It is a very reliable car. Only minor repairs have been made, but the car will last quite a while at this pace. The only downers of the car that come to my mind is the leg room in the rear, and more of a noisier 4 cyl engine.

1st CAR FOR DAUGHTER
By mrfixit on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

This has been a good car for my daughter. The price was right, gas mileage is very good and after having it for 4 years can't complain. I've had to replace two alternators though, seems like every two years they go out.

The car you ahte to love
By SBW on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

2nd owner, this served me well 5 years. Want a different car, but this outdrives other used midsize sedans. I swear this will never die.

Good car for the money.
By I Like Chevrolet on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

My parents had a Corsica prior to my wife and I going out to get ours. I have been impressed with both. They're econmical to maintain, very dependable, durable transportation. You can't beat the "Bang for the Buck" on these cars.

Best $12,995 (new) I ever spent..
By Marantha on 08/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

Has survived 2 accidents and 1 minor "rear-ending". I am amazed how strong the engine is on my beater. Thank God I BOUGHT THE EXTENDED WARRANTY--or I would be in serious debt over this vehicle. This car went through 3 batteries, 3 alternators, a power steering pump, 2 Oxygen sensors and numerous sets of brakes. It also goes through tires like crazy due to the shabby suspension, but thanks to GMPP I didn't spend a dime and got to test drive numerous higher end vehicles. The engine (V6) will long outlast the chassis. It's good for a beater, be rough with it and it loves you back. I will miss it.

Corsica
By Lesh4537 on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

A '96 Chevy Corsica is the first and only car I've every owned. I've never had a problem although it seems to be developing a few minor ones. Mostly the radiator system. The cruse hasn't worked since I bought it.

Just one opinion
By buggy on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used, it now has 73,000 miles on it. I have had the fuel pump replaced and now the "crank sensor"? ($25.00 part, $165.00 labor) The passenger side carpet gets wet when the a/c runs. Paint chips. Other than that, the car is a good car...(so far, I have only had it 2 years)

What out for the Head Gasket's
By Leardron on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

I have had this car since it was brand new in 96. It has 73,000 miles on it and the Head Gasket went. It's going to cost me a pretty $700 to get it fixed. The mechanic doing the work said that Corsica's are notorious for this. He alone has replaced 25 head gaskets on Corisca's. If you buy one, what out for it.