1995 Chevrolet Corsica 2.2L 4-cyl. 3-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Avoid Neglected Corsicas

1995 Chevrolet Corsica - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 3-speed Automatic)

Avoid Neglected Corsicas
By Threetails on

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

I got this car in 2004 as a daily driver. The previous owners hadn't taken care of this car. Mine has a tendency to blow spark plugs out of the block! This has happened to me twice. My car has a host of other problems including anti-lock brakes that lock, bad weather seals, and a tendency to overheat in traffic (even in sub- freezing weather). This car doesn't like extreme temperatures and the steering system creaks and groans in the cold. It can be a very forgiving car when something does go wrong and you can usually limp home even when it's something major like a torque converter. If you buy a Corsica, find one that has been well cared-for and you'll have an OK car.

Favorite Features

Decent trunk size for its class, great fuel economy (I once ran 39+ MPG while driving conservatively), excellent rear visibility, takes a lot of punishment.

Suggested Improvements

Interiors could have been better, build quality could have been better, styling poor, and the front end could have been heavier to provide better traction.