1995 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 3-speed Automatic - (27 reviews )
Don't Spend Your Money!
By Audrey on 10/16/05 19:39 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought this as a second car the day before we got married. It had a little over 35000 miles on it when we purchased it. We had it for a year and a half then it just crapped out on us. First we had to replace the headgaskets because the radiator fluid was leaking into the oil: $650. Next came the battery and alternator: $250. Followed by 3 tires: $200. Then followed by an igniton switch: $400. We have finally just decided to trade it in and get a new car! We might as well have car payments as much as we spend on repairs! The car still stalls for no reason!

Still Going!
By Angela K on 08/27/05 11:43 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan 4dr Sedan

To date I have over 186,000 miles & still going without any major repairs or replacements! Just regular maintaince & she keeps running!

A Great Second-Hand Car
By LMC on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased the Corsica in Nov. 97 and have driven it 280000 km with only routine mtnc and very few repairs. This is the second Corsica I have own the first was a 4 cyl, I much prefer the 6cyl. The 6 provides lots of power and a nice hwy ride. If I find a low mileage Corsica, I'm going to get #3. It's not luxury, just a plain and simple good used car.

Steady as she goes...
By ValrieAnnie on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan 4dr Sedan

this car was a rental before I bought it with 29,000 miles. it now has 133,000+ miles. I have the 4 liter and agree that it is a "dog". i have had some repairs, but the car keeps going. I change the oil every 3,000 miles. It sits outside all winter and only has a small area of rust by the front passenger door. And it starts every time. Hopefully I will get a couple more years out of it. I like it and would buy another if they still made Corsicas.

A good car to have
By Tarzan of Lafayette on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan 4dr Sedan

The best feature of this car is the gas mileage. I get 32 to 35 mpg on the long trips that I made to Texas. The air conditioner has always worked well. I like the interior lights that shut off in case you forget to. It has not broken down with me, though one sensor went out that greatly affected performance. I found the seats easy to adjust. However, my wife did not find them comfortable for long trips. The back seat is cramped.

My little corsica
By charli_red1218@yahoo on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan 4dr Sedan

Well...I got my corsica a yr ago this august. since then the passenger door has stopped opening from the outside and I had to have the catalytic converter changed and transmission work done. Usually its reliable though the a/c is ice cold. I wish it accelerated better but its pretty durable. I wanted a civic but had to settle for the corsica. I'll be sad to see it go now, but it will one day, not too lovable at first but it grows on you! :) I love her

I'm Hooked
By Roxie2288 on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan 4dr Sedan

I Bought my Corsica used, almost 7 years old. I have replaced the radiator and that is about it. I'm no mechanic and have really beat on my car, yet it still runs beautifully. I get comments frequently about how smooth it rides. How it stops on a dime, etc. I think with all the luxury cars and such on the market, that's a heck of a compliment!

Not Bad for Two Grand
By BDC on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan 4dr Sedan

In 2000 I bought this as a sales car with 78,000 on it, now has 113,000 miles on it. Have only had to do front brakes, and replace battery. Some Folks on here have had problems with alternators, and I think mine is going as I notice the headlights flucuate as I drive on the highway. Engine is the 4 banger and is VERY DOGGIE with the A/C on. Look for the V-6 Engine. I get 24- 28 MPG. The A/C & Heater works great. Burns less than a 1/4 qrt. of oil between 4,500 Mi.changes. Paint was pelling a little when I got it, now the hood is peeling quite a bit. The Color is WHITE. AVOID HIGH PRESSURE CAR WASHERS OR LOSE WHATS LEFT!!!! Great little car for the $.

High relative value
By kjantz on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought this car with 140000 km. already on it. In nearly four years we have put on 60,000 km, spark plugs and wires and two alternators.I then installed a reflector shield between the exhaust manifold and the alternator with no further problems.

A great car if you can find one!
By ACC on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have the 1995 V6 Corsica. Never had a problem with it. Bought it with 22,000 miles and runs better than my new V6 Mercury Sable. Wife won't let me trade it for any new car. "It's her car"! The car has no frills, no power anything except power locks. Paint looks good and no problem with pealing. This car is outside in the HOT Florida sun! No problem with electrical system. I wish they would make cars as the Corsica I have. It's a great car and fun to drive with it's powerful V6 engine. Everyone is surprised when I take off and leave them in the dust, even a Corvette!! Enough said. Buy one if you find one.