Used 1995 Chevrolet Corsica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Corsica - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 3-speed Automatic - (27 reviews )

God gave me a good car
By Audrey

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

I bught this car to get me from Monessen to west Mifflen PA. It runs great. A little less umph on hills. At these prices on gas on the twice a weekend trips to West Mifflen I spend $5.00 on gas. Back seat is bad for tall people's legs. My car was repainted so right now the paint job is good. It runs so good you can speed very easly and not know it unless you look at your speed.

The gas mileage, cupholders.

More leg room.

First car for teenagers....Great Choice!
By tatorbug

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

I bought a 95 Corsica with 71K miles for my sons first car. Back seat is not too comfortable but overall ride is smooth. The only problem we have had is with the fuel injectors. Everything else has a 10 star rating. Gets 30-32 miles per gallon. Can't beat that with gas at 3.50 a gallon. It now has 110,000 miles and runs great. No peeling of paint as I see others have had, no electrical problems. I like the idea of it being a medium size vehicle for my sons first vehicle. Great purchase on our part. I would recommened this to any parent for a teenagers first vehicle!

Gas mileage and stability of vehicle.

Leg space in back seat and middle arm rest design. Our arm rest broke with wear & tear.

Solid Transportation (but also generic)
By Ben

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

Overall, a solid car. Got the car at 95k miles, now at 150k. Great fuel mileage (~30MPG). Big repairs: alternator, heater coil. Then the normal stuff--brakes, tires, oil changes. All in all, a very solid car. Tends to start hard in the rain (probably needs plugs and wires), but it gets from A to B with no major hassles. Not a big fan of the interior--the round knobs on the sides of the dash are okay, but power window controls are mounted on the front of the center console! Beware the high beam switch; my turn signal lever snapped off trying to get the switch to work. Paint is peeling, and all four wheels have rusted out now, meaning a trip to the junk yard for "new" rims.

Solid performer with few major repairs; excellent fuel mileage for an older car. Fold-down back seat increases trunk space (great for moving that new LCD you can buy with the money you save buying *this* car.)

Back seat legroom is non-existent. Odd location of power window controls (though you get used to it). If you buy one, check the wheels for rust; if you see any, a trip to the junk yard is in your future.

Thar she goes and goes and goes....
By GHC

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in January 2002 from my friends's mother-in-law who had sadly passsed on. It only had 17,000 miles and now I have over 58,000. In that time, it has had at least four alternators which I understand is a problem with this car. I am going to ask my mechanic about installing a reflector shield between the exhaust manifold and alternator. I read that solution on this website. The white paint is peeling but it was recalled for that. I touch up with Rustleoum. I really have no rust, it gets 29MPG and it is a smooth riding car. The A/C was nice before I was in an accident. I occassionly get water somehow in the car because I smell mold. I love this car. She goes and goes and goes...

Daytime running lights! And adjustable wiper speeds.

Still the one
By RickyDee

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

You can count on this car. The 3.1 V 6 is very fast. Chevy put the push rod motor in many cars for a long time. Transmission never a problem. Inside is good up front but awful in the back seat Tires last a long time for me Funny control location for power windows

Great cup holder location

Steering column mount lights and wipers