Used 1995 Chevrolet Corsica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Corsica - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 3-speed Automatic - (27 reviews )

Murray
By mustang14gt

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

Love this car! my family got him a year ago and was passed on to me for a graduation present. never left us stranded. I have owned him two weeks, and in the first week alone i put 1,000 miles on him. biggest repair so far was a lower control arm ($220). he needs some work, tires catalyt converter(he is very loud). beware!! if the brights are on and the switch snaps the brights wont turn off. power lock and horn just went out.(fuse?) and the ABS in one wheel doesn't work right all the time, but when it does work the brakes are fantastic. he is white,with red interior and has around 86,666 miles, he also has the 4cly which with 120bhp and 130pft find it adequate. the acceleration is spirited.

Gas mileage, power windows,power locks (when they work), i'm 6'2" and fit well up front. I also find the seat comfortable.

back seat is cramped. overall a fantastic first car

Avoid Neglected Corsicas
By Threetails

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

I got this car in 2004 as a daily driver. The previous owners hadn't taken care of this car. Mine has a tendency to blow spark plugs out of the block! This has happened to me twice. My car has a host of other problems including anti-lock brakes that lock, bad weather seals, and a tendency to overheat in traffic (even in sub- freezing weather). This car doesn't like extreme temperatures and the steering system creaks and groans in the cold. It can be a very forgiving car when something does go wrong and you can usually limp home even when it's something major like a torque converter. If you buy a Corsica, find one that has been well cared-for and you'll have an OK car.

Decent trunk size for its class, great fuel economy (I once ran 39+ MPG while driving conservatively), excellent rear visibility, takes a lot of punishment.

Interiors could have been better, build quality could have been better, styling poor, and the front end could have been heavier to provide better traction.

Frozen Doors
By KC

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

Old Corsica is getting worn out and needs replacing. Will miss the great heater/AC & good ride (although road noise was bothersome) plus the cheap upkeep. The third alternator has lasted 9 years. Had to replace rear struts & lower manifold, no other big problems other than the doors freeze up in freezing rain/sleet (design issue). Worried that I won't be able to find another car this reliable. Doubt I can find another one in better condition with low mileage but plan to try.

Still get 20 mpg in the city. Mechanics seem to have no problems with repairs or finding parts.

Bring back Corsica's! Need more cars like this.

Can't replace headlights
By paul

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

This car is so old now you can't replace the riding lights. But yes you have regular and highbeams. This car is big and nice and solid bought for $1500 with 60k mi and now has 118k mi but we put in over $2000 worth of work in it. No ABS brakes. This car is okay if you ignore those things. I predict this car works for 18 - 20 years

None

Better back seat. Provide selling lights GM

Takes a beating but still keeps kicking
By Brian Leyk

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

This was my second vehicle. I got it used, only took it in for routine oil changes and otherwise repairs that were absolutely necessary. I drove it hard and fast, but still got good gas mileage. The thing's still kickin today! Very loud engine, and not very powerful (difficult to pass vehicles), but I could weave through traffic like a pro (without cutting people off)! Exterior wore a lot, interior was simple and wore a lot, and I had quite a bit of trouble with altnernator belts. I miss this car! I still get to see it when I visit my friend. I hope they let me drive it again.

Maneuverability; ability to take a beating (driving hard and fast), and still give excellent gas mileage (25-35mpg)

Engine too loud, needs more power (not that I expect much from a compact like this); ABS greatly extended my stopping distance, making me more prone to accidents in normal Minnesota weather (icey and slushy 9mo. out of the year); low quality alternator belts, exterior, and exterior