1995 Chevrolet Corsica - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 3-speed Automatic - (27 reviews )
Murray
By mustang14gt on 07/04/13 11:08 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

Love this car! my family got him a year ago and was passed on to me for a graduation present. never left us stranded. I have owned him two weeks, and in the first week alone i put 1,000 miles on him. biggest repair so far was a lower control arm ($220). he needs some work, tires catalyt converter(he is very loud). beware!! if the brights are on and the switch snaps the brights wont turn off. power lock and horn just went out.(fuse?) and the ABS in one wheel doesn't work right all the time, but when it does work the brakes are fantastic. he is white,with red interior and has around 86,666 miles, he also has the 4cly which with 120bhp and 130pft find it adequate. the acceleration is spirited.

Avoid Neglected Corsicas
By Threetails on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

I got this car in 2004 as a daily driver. The previous owners hadn't taken care of this car. Mine has a tendency to blow spark plugs out of the block! This has happened to me twice. My car has a host of other problems including anti-lock brakes that lock, bad weather seals, and a tendency to overheat in traffic (even in sub- freezing weather). This car doesn't like extreme temperatures and the steering system creaks and groans in the cold. It can be a very forgiving car when something does go wrong and you can usually limp home even when it's something major like a torque converter. If you buy a Corsica, find one that has been well cared-for and you'll have an OK car.

Frozen Doors
By KC on 06/09/10 16:08 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

Old Corsica is getting worn out and needs replacing. Will miss the great heater/AC & good ride (although road noise was bothersome) plus the cheap upkeep. The third alternator has lasted 9 years. Had to replace rear struts & lower manifold, no other big problems other than the doors freeze up in freezing rain/sleet (design issue). Worried that I won't be able to find another car this reliable. Doubt I can find another one in better condition with low mileage but plan to try.

Can't replace headlights
By paul on 01/01/09 15:53 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

This car is so old now you can't replace the riding lights. But yes you have regular and highbeams. This car is big and nice and solid bought for $1500 with 60k mi and now has 118k mi but we put in over $2000 worth of work in it. No ABS brakes. This car is okay if you ignore those things. I predict this car works for 18 - 20 years

Takes a beating but still keeps kicking
By Brian Leyk on 12/15/08 06:13 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

This was my second vehicle. I got it used, only took it in for routine oil changes and otherwise repairs that were absolutely necessary. I drove it hard and fast, but still got good gas mileage. The thing's still kickin today! Very loud engine, and not very powerful (difficult to pass vehicles), but I could weave through traffic like a pro (without cutting people off)! Exterior wore a lot, interior was simple and wore a lot, and I had quite a bit of trouble with altnernator belts. I miss this car! I still get to see it when I visit my friend. I hope they let me drive it again.

God gave me a good car
By Audrey on 04/30/08 08:55 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

I bught this car to get me from Monessen to west Mifflen PA. It runs great. A little less umph on hills. At these prices on gas on the twice a weekend trips to West Mifflen I spend $5.00 on gas. Back seat is bad for tall people's legs. My car was repainted so right now the paint job is good. It runs so good you can speed very easly and not know it unless you look at your speed.

First car for teenagers....Great Choice!
By tatorbug on 04/14/08 14:02 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

I bought a 95 Corsica with 71K miles for my sons first car. Back seat is not too comfortable but overall ride is smooth. The only problem we have had is with the fuel injectors. Everything else has a 10 star rating. Gets 30-32 miles per gallon. Can't beat that with gas at 3.50 a gallon. It now has 110,000 miles and runs great. No peeling of paint as I see others have had, no electrical problems. I like the idea of it being a medium size vehicle for my sons first vehicle. Great purchase on our part. I would recommened this to any parent for a teenagers first vehicle!

Solid Transportation (but also generic)
By Ben on 11/18/07 00:06 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

Overall, a solid car. Got the car at 95k miles, now at 150k. Great fuel mileage (~30MPG). Big repairs: alternator, heater coil. Then the normal stuff--brakes, tires, oil changes. All in all, a very solid car. Tends to start hard in the rain (probably needs plugs and wires), but it gets from A to B with no major hassles. Not a big fan of the interior--the round knobs on the sides of the dash are okay, but power window controls are mounted on the front of the center console! Beware the high beam switch; my turn signal lever snapped off trying to get the switch to work. Paint is peeling, and all four wheels have rusted out now, meaning a trip to the junk yard for "new" rims.

Thar she goes and goes and goes....
By GHC on 08/18/06 10:35 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in January 2002 from my friends's mother-in-law who had sadly passsed on. It only had 17,000 miles and now I have over 58,000. In that time, it has had at least four alternators which I understand is a problem with this car. I am going to ask my mechanic about installing a reflector shield between the exhaust manifold and alternator. I read that solution on this website. The white paint is peeling but it was recalled for that. I touch up with Rustleoum. I really have no rust, it gets 29MPG and it is a smooth riding car. The A/C was nice before I was in an accident. I occassionly get water somehow in the car because I smell mold. I love this car. She goes and goes and goes...

Still the one
By RickyDee on 10/24/05 08:08 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4dr Sedan

You can count on this car. The 3.1 V 6 is very fast. Chevy put the push rod motor in many cars for a long time. Transmission never a problem. Inside is good up front but awful in the back seat Tires last a long time for me Funny control location for power windows