1993 Chevrolet Corsica - Consumer Reviews

LT 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (0 review )
Not too proud
By meenyt on 10/16/09 12:09 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Corsica LT 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as a "program" back in 93. Had many problems with it. Water leak in front dash area. Paint peeled, door locks would freeze in winter, transmission was going when traded for Ford in 05. I guess it wasn't the worst car we ever had, that would have gone to 86 Subaru wagon. But it was far from the best. Only kept so long due to finances, or lack thereof. Glad we got rid of it when we did. Only had about 75K on it, and it was about done. Probably never purchase GM product again. Every one (EVERYONE) has had water leak problems.

"BEST OF THE BEST"
By LUV MY CORSY on 02/27/09 12:57 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Corsica LT 4dr Sedan

I have had my Corsy for 16 years and I have had no Major issues with it. @ 185K miles its still running great! Only normal wear n tear items, I also have the water leak at the windshield thing therefore the 9 for build, The paint issue with the Chevy bright white hit mine also where the paint starting with the Roof peeled off so a 9 for exterior design, I know they had a law suit for the paint but I missed that recall notice by one year when it started...but I adore the body style and the interior room. I will drive it until I cant drive it any longer- I wish there was a comparable vehicle in this day and age- If I could buy another NEW one I would!

1993 CHEVY CORSICA
By IAMGUMBY on 02/26/09 15:41 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Corsica LT 4dr Sedan

I learned that it was designed to be impervious to rental car customers and fleet business drivers, and to not have any repairs required for the first 60,000 miles. Some have lasted 185,000 and I’ve seen them in salvage yards. All had the stainless steel exhaust system and they all sit there as OEM in the salvage yards with the usual 135,000 life span of the 2.2 and 3.1 liter engines. The best year of the 10 year, same body type production Corsica, is the 1993, available via special order only, luxury business version with the 2.2 liter. With the proper tires and suspension system, it rides like a dream and handles great, taking on sharp curves in the high Sierras with ease.

My Little Chevy
By J.Pye on 08/13/07 07:42 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Corsica LT 4dr Sedan

A good looking faily comfortable car. Utterly reliable after sorting it out i.e. Head gasket leak (2.2 4 cyl engine.) I've been driving American cars for 40 years and this is the most economical at 35 mpg on runs.

My trusty Corsica
By Cosica Fan on 05/22/05 16:04 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Corsica LT 4dr Sedan

Let me tell you, I got this car with 194,000 miles just for a temporary ride. Once I started driving it day in and day out for my pizza delivering job, I couldn't be any happier. For the miles on this car I wouldn't of expected much but I was wrong. It really does live up to the Chevy bow-tie. To anyone considering this car, I would highly recomend it. Even today it's running strong at 197,000 miles.

Ugly but very good for an American car
By BigSAC on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Corsica LT 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a Rental Agency after 1 year and 25000 miles. It's always been a little loud around the manifold. This car has been solid for 200K miles. The 3.1 V6 engine is a great engine. Good combination of pick- up and gas milage. The interior is very comfortable for it's size/class. The car is butt-ugly (white and square) so you won't get alot of respect amongst your peers. There were frequent break-jobs and a couple of wheel bearing problems over the 10 years, but maintenance costs were lower than most domestic cars.

Grandma car but very functional
By Stevenator on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Corsica LT 4dr Sedan

We bought it one year old from a rental company. It has some wind noise that I never could solve. Radiator hose was routed poorly causing it to wear through, finally added my own cover. Goes through brakes like crazy. We have the 3.1 V6 auto, it has locking torque converter and gets honest 30MPG on the hiway. Great little engine. Reliable until recently. After 10 years, have replaced alternator, torque lock switch, intake manifold gaskets (for oil leaks), 3 fuel pumps and counting. AC finally gave out.

College Car still pump'in
By Scott Pearson on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Corsica LT 4dr Sedan

Got this car in college and now, ten years later it's still going strong. I am rough on cars; I drive too fast and over objects all the time - this car can take it. It's a tank. And drives like a good tank - the V6 is very swift when you need it. Of course, some things happened. The hood latch broke and it needs new oil every 3000 miles. I went through a lot of tires (my fault) one alternator and some cooling problems but for the money (under ten grand) this car was beautiful. I hate to sell mine, but at 206,000 without major repair, it's days must be numbered - or maybe not.

Basic transport, not bad for the $$$.
By SmOkEy on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Corsica LT 4dr Sedan

If you need a car to get you from point A to point B, this is the car. The handling is acceptible around town, just don't push it. the 3.1L V6 was the best, and only "good" part of the car. Plenty of power for a lil' joint like this. the 2.2L 4 is weak. Just watch out for bad altinators, and Brake pads wear out fast..