Used 1993 Chevrolet Corsica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Corsica - Consumer Reviews

LT 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (9 reviews )

Most Helpful|
1993 CHEVY CORSICA
By IAMGUMBY

1993 Chevrolet Corsica LT 4dr Sedan

I learned that it was designed to be impervious to rental car customers and fleet business drivers, and to not have any repairs required for the first 60,000 miles. Some have lasted 185,000 and Iíve seen them in salvage yards. All had the stainless steel exhaust system and they all sit there as OEM in the salvage yards with the usual 135,000 life span of the 2.2 and 3.1 liter engines. The best year of the 10 year, same body type production Corsica, is the 1993, available via special order only, luxury business version with the 2.2 liter. With the proper tires and suspension system, it rides like a dream and handles great, taking on sharp curves in the high Sierras with ease.

Favorite Features

Cheap to operate, repair and find parts for in the salvage yard. Don't go to Pep Boys for repairs because the parts are seemingly bad and fail.

Suggested Improvements

Electrical system,

Not too proud
By meenyt

1993 Chevrolet Corsica LT 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as a "program" back in 93. Had many problems with it. Water leak in front dash area. Paint peeled, door locks would freeze in winter, transmission was going when traded for Ford in 05. I guess it wasn't the worst car we ever had, that would have gone to 86 Subaru wagon. But it was far from the best. Only kept so long due to finances, or lack thereof. Glad we got rid of it when we did. Only had about 75K on it, and it was about done. Probably never purchase GM product again. Every one (EVERYONE) has had water leak problems.

Favorite Features

Very good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Eliminate water leaks, improve paint. I actually contacted GM concerning paint issues and was told that they had been resolved. Didn't do any good for mine. Informed that it was too old to qualify as recall. Good old GM.

My trusty Corsica
By Cosica Fan

1993 Chevrolet Corsica LT 4dr Sedan

Let me tell you, I got this car with 194,000 miles just for a temporary ride. Once I started driving it day in and day out for my pizza delivering job, I couldn't be any happier. For the miles on this car I wouldn't of expected much but I was wrong. It really does live up to the Chevy bow-tie. To anyone considering this car, I would highly recomend it. Even today it's running strong at 197,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Engine, reliability

Suggested Improvements

Better exterior design

"BEST OF THE BEST"
By LUV MY CORSY

1993 Chevrolet Corsica LT 4dr Sedan

I have had my Corsy for 16 years and I have had no Major issues with it. @ 185K miles its still running great! Only normal wear n tear items, I also have the water leak at the windshield thing therefore the 9 for build, The paint issue with the Chevy bright white hit mine also where the paint starting with the Roof peeled off so a 9 for exterior design, I know they had a law suit for the paint but I missed that recall notice by one year when it started...but I adore the body style and the interior room. I will drive it until I cant drive it any longer- I wish there was a comparable vehicle in this day and age- If I could buy another NEW one I would!

Favorite Features

but I adore the body style and the interior room. My favorite Favorite thing as strange as it may seem is the shape and design of the HOOD... :)

Suggested Improvements

Better Paint, KEEP BUILDING THEM!

My Little Chevy
By J.Pye

1993 Chevrolet Corsica LT 4dr Sedan

A good looking faily comfortable car. Utterly reliable after sorting it out i.e. Head gasket leak (2.2 4 cyl engine.) I've been driving American cars for 40 years and this is the most economical at 35 mpg on runs.

Favorite Features

Can't afford the 5 and 6 litres anymore and the smaller cars usually don't have the looks. But this little Chevy does.

Suggested Improvements

It leaks water in somewhere around the windshield.