Used 1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet Corsica - Consumer Reviews

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan

LT 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (11 reviews )

Ron's l992 Corsica bought as a demo
By Ronnie Jackson

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

Only minor problems over the years except evaporator core in air conditioner had to be replaced while under extended warranty in about '97. Air went out again in '02 and will need condenser. Also lots of problems when first got by trying to use ash tray/cup holder as cup-holder. Always messing up gear shift indicator. Finaly quit using it after taking back to dealer several times while uder warranty.

Favorite Features

Good mileage, plenty of pickup horsepower. Never any motor problems. Still runs good with no oil use etc. Good dependable transportation

Suggested Improvements

No manufacture since l997

Why would they rate it so poorly?...
By Vira

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

Since the above consumers say they were satisfied with the car, why would they not provide a better rating of the vehicle? I bought mine in '97 with 152,000 km for CAD$ 5,900. It was an awesome deal. It now has almost 300,000 km and it goes good. There is hardly any spot of rust. I have done the rustproof every year and have kept it outside for the last three years. After I reach the 300,000 km I might get a Sunfire. Although I am European I like the lightness of American domestic vehicles - actually European GM has its equivalents too (Opel etc). You feel 'light' with such cars - as opposed to a MB or a BMW, don't you? ;-)

Why would they rate it so poorly?...
By Shanti

i am happy
By ienfjts

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

i bought it new in 1992. and accept for some brake replacements every couple of years it has been good to me. it is just as fast as other more pricey cars but has alot more room for the kids. the only other problem i had was i had to replace the sol. on the torque convertor at about 80000 miles. that was an pain because every garage i went to thought it was the torque convertor was going out. .

Favorite Features

the peppy engine 3.1 v6 has been an good engine for me. it still will do 120mph if i want to.

Suggested Improvements

brakes system. it just goes though brakes to quick

Good Starter Vehicle
By ericthered

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I've had my v-6 corsica for 6 years now, and it has treated me very well. I purchased it when it was 4 years old with only 26,000 miles on it. Interior is good. Car leans a bit too much during turns. Since the 6 years, I've had to replace the rotors and brake pads, which cost me $800. The only other major work is the radiator because of a leak. The model has major paint chipping problems. Especially white and blue ones. It's too bad because the inside of my car is clean and almost still like new even after 10 years! HOwever, still no major rust problems. The back is a little small. Leg room is limited.

Favorite Features

-Power Locks -V6 3.1 Liter -Stereo -Tilt -Engine Power and acceleration -Back seats fold down for trunk access

Suggested Improvements

-Brakes -Body Primer and Paint -Styling -rear passenger space