1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan - Consumer Reviews

LT 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (11 reviews )
Good Car
By mike on 10/01/08 12:31 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

Well I purchased this car at a car lot in Arkansas for $300. He told me it didn't have reverse and it ran a little hot. Any way this car had lots of power and ran good. I never could figure out why it ran hot. I changed everything that would make it run hot. I figure it was a seeping head gasket. But this car got so hot (that the needle was past the H facing straight down) so many times, and it would start everytime. But you could tell a difference in the power it would lose each time it would run hot though. All in all I would most definitely get another one.

Reliable car. Good 1st car.
By WVE on 03/21/05 21:01 PM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

This was my 1st car, I bought it in 2003 with 119,000 miles and owned it for 2 years. Never had any serious problems. Had some leaks. Fixed the fuel pump and thermostat and a battery, also had to get new breaks all of which weren't too expensive. The car was always reliable and started even in the coldest weather. The 3.1 V6 provides enough HP for passing and what not. Could still drive the car over 100mph with no problem when I sold it. I also thought the sound system was pretty nice, until the speakers started to go a few months before I sold it.

Good Car
By Shaun on 02/03/05 11:33 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

This is my first car. I have put about 4,000 miles on it. The 4 Cylinder 2.0 is just fine for a first car. This car is VERY strong. I have driven it VERY hard in the last year or so, and the only problems I've had were minior like a main brake line, $20. And the AC radiator thing gets plugged so you have to clean it to get the air moving again. The style is a little too old for me. Paint peels bad, but no rust. Seems to have a lot of rattles everywhere. For the price and considering that it is an older car, it runs great. No engine problems whatsoever.

92 Chevrolet Corsica
By Madison Chevy on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

Excellent car around town. Comfortable and economical. Easy to park, easy to drive. Seldom required repair, but those were inexpensive.

Great 1st Car
By vickijo on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 3 years and have put 52000 miles on it.for a total of 136000. I mostly only had minor issues with it as you would expect with an older USED car. after 100,000 miles it started having little weird problems like the ABS light would come on for no reason, the brakes needed replaced, the cruise control stopped working but over all worth the $.

Ron's l992 Corsica bought as a demo
By Ronnie Jackson on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

Only minor problems over the years except evaporator core in air conditioner had to be replaced while under extended warranty in about '97. Air went out again in '02 and will need condenser. Also lots of problems when first got by trying to use ash tray/cup holder as cup-holder. Always messing up gear shift indicator. Finaly quit using it after taking back to dealer several times while uder warranty.

Why would they rate it so poorly?...
By Vira on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

Since the above consumers say they were satisfied with the car, why would they not provide a better rating of the vehicle? I bought mine in '97 with 152,000 km for CAD$ 5,900. It was an awesome deal. It now has almost 300,000 km and it goes good. There is hardly any spot of rust. I have done the rustproof every year and have kept it outside for the last three years. After I reach the 300,000 km I might get a Sunfire. Although I am European I like the lightness of American domestic vehicles - actually European GM has its equivalents too (Opel etc). You feel 'light' with such cars - as opposed to a MB or a BMW, don't you? ;-)

Why would they rate it so poorly?...
By Shanti on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

i am happy
By ienfjts on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

i bought it new in 1992. and accept for some brake replacements every couple of years it has been good to me. it is just as fast as other more pricey cars but has alot more room for the kids. the only other problem i had was i had to replace the sol. on the torque convertor at about 80000 miles. that was an pain because every garage i went to thought it was the torque convertor was going out. .

Good Starter Vehicle
By ericthered on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I've had my v-6 corsica for 6 years now, and it has treated me very well. I purchased it when it was 4 years old with only 26,000 miles on it. Interior is good. Car leans a bit too much during turns. Since the 6 years, I've had to replace the rotors and brake pads, which cost me $800. The only other major work is the radiator because of a leak. The model has major paint chipping problems. Especially white and blue ones. It's too bad because the inside of my car is clean and almost still like new even after 10 years! HOwever, still no major rust problems. The back is a little small. Leg room is limited.