Used 1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan - Consumer Reviews

LT 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (11 reviews )

Good Car
By mike

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

Well I purchased this car at a car lot in Arkansas for $300. He told me it didn't have reverse and it ran a little hot. Any way this car had lots of power and ran good. I never could figure out why it ran hot. I changed everything that would make it run hot. I figure it was a seeping head gasket. But this car got so hot (that the needle was past the H facing straight down) so many times, and it would start everytime. But you could tell a difference in the power it would lose each time it would run hot though. All in all I would most definitely get another one.

Power, power windows, torque

Better reverse in transmission

Reliable car. Good 1st car.
By WVE

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

This was my 1st car, I bought it in 2003 with 119,000 miles and owned it for 2 years. Never had any serious problems. Had some leaks. Fixed the fuel pump and thermostat and a battery, also had to get new breaks all of which weren't too expensive. The car was always reliable and started even in the coldest weather. The 3.1 V6 provides enough HP for passing and what not. Could still drive the car over 100mph with no problem when I sold it. I also thought the sound system was pretty nice, until the speakers started to go a few months before I sold it.

The 3.1 V6 engine, the sound system. Reliability

The paint peeled off everywhere, not very attractive looking. The overall design was nothing special.

Good Car
By Shaun

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

This is my first car. I have put about 4,000 miles on it. The 4 Cylinder 2.0 is just fine for a first car. This car is VERY strong. I have driven it VERY hard in the last year or so, and the only problems I've had were minior like a main brake line, $20. And the AC radiator thing gets plugged so you have to clean it to get the air moving again. The style is a little too old for me. Paint peels bad, but no rust. Seems to have a lot of rattles everywhere. For the price and considering that it is an older car, it runs great. No engine problems whatsoever.

Nothing that really stands out.

Fix A/C radiator thing.

92 Chevrolet Corsica
By Madison Chevy

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

Excellent car around town. Comfortable and economical. Easy to park, easy to drive. Seldom required repair, but those were inexpensive.

The instrument panel is easy to read day or night.

Great 1st Car
By vickijo

1992 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 3 years and have put 52000 miles on it.for a total of 136000. I mostly only had minor issues with it as you would expect with an older USED car. after 100,000 miles it started having little weird problems like the ABS light would come on for no reason, the brakes needed replaced, the cruise control stopped working but over all worth the $.

Really fun to drive excellent get-up- and-go

I would have been more satisfied if i'd have bought it new, but i was 8 when it was new.