Used 1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan - Consumer Reviews

LT 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (24 reviews )

Very Pleased Buyer
By Very Happy Buyer

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

The only major problem I've had with my Corsica is new radiator hoses and a new radiator itself. I need the new radiator- has very minor leak. Sealed right up with radiator stop leak. Nothing else except routine maintenance like oil changes, new ignition wires, battery. This car runs so smooth and is very, very reliable. Starts up every time the key is turned. Quiet ride, too. Might need new motor or transmission mounts. (Cheap). Comfy seating is perfect for my bad lower back! Will drive and keep it until it dies! Hopefully, that will be a long time away with only 139K miles on it!! Love it! I'd recommend this car for anyone looking for a cheap, reliable car.

Comfortable suspension system and seating. Great stereo system. Beautifully designed interior. Extremely reliable, starts right up every time. Very inexpensive parts and only routine maintenance required. (Fluid changes, belts, brakes). Keep up with regular maintenance, it'll run forever.

Stronger A/C. Power seats would be nice. Very unattractive, boring exterior design. Cassette player or CD player needed!

Just keeps on going!
By krissy c

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I have only owned this vehicle 3 months, but I can say it's a very reliable, durable vehicle. The only problem I had was a new starter and a lower radiator hose and heater hose. It always starts right up every time and has plenty of power, with only 138,000 miles! I did experience one strange problem. Every time it rained, the car would never start! I had a new starter installed, but it hasn't rained for over 4 weeks! Other than that, overall a good car.

My favorite features are the comfy interior and excellent speakers.

All of these cars seem to lose the A/C refrigerant! It blows hot air! That, and no cassette player.

Reliable
By Johnny

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I purchased it used (a rental car) at only a year old and have had it 14 years. I maintained it well and have found it to be very reliable. Aside from the usuals things (battery, muffler, belts) the only stuff I have had to replace are the alternator, valve cover gasket and brakes. While the A/C still works, the bearings must going (noise) and HVAC controls are not working properly. The paint is not bad, but a problem for these cars. For a 15 year old car though, the reliability is great. The 4 cylinder engine is anemic, but but suits me fine, and the fuel economy is poor is town (20 mpg), but great on the highway (35 mpg).

Reliability, driving feel, upscale look of interior (1991 got a new dash).

The biggest complaint are the poor brakes, which was addressed in later model years. They can be downright scary, plus the rear wheels can lock up in rain.

91 green corsica
By Green91

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I bought my corsica used in 1992. My mechanic has put on new oil seal, maniforld gasket, rear brake cylindar, new water pump, and a few minor things. I have had this car maintenanced on a regular basis oil, coolant, plugs etc. It has been a good car. But it is old and I just bought a new minivan. If you need a good used car try this one. I think I will sell mine out right because I did not trade it in.

A good reliable plain car no fancy power options to cost extra money if they break.

Paint is still ok but is fading. I have kept it waxed so I think that helped.

very impressed
By used car driver

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

my corsica just hit 204,000 miles, I have beet this car hard over ther years but kept the fluids changed and filters were replaced 2 or 3 times. this car still runs like new but as others have said the paint has peeled off hood and roof, But no rust. if I could get my hands on another one with 150,000 or less I would jump at the chance

reliability, reliability, reliability, reliability

paint, paint, paint, but cant improve something this old