1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

1991 Chevrolet Corsica - Consumer Reviews

LT 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (24 reviews )

1991 Corsica Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Very Pleased Buyer
By Very Happy Buyer

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

The only major problem I've had with my Corsica is new radiator hoses and a new radiator itself. I need the new radiator- has very minor leak. Sealed right up with radiator stop leak. Nothing else except routine maintenance like oil changes, new ignition wires, battery. This car runs so smooth and is very, very reliable. Starts up every time the key is turned. Quiet ride, too. Might need new motor or transmission mounts. (Cheap). Comfy seating is perfect for my bad lower back! Will drive and keep it until it dies! Hopefully, that will be a long time away with only 139K miles on it!! Love it! I'd recommend this car for anyone looking for a cheap, reliable car.

Favorite Features

Comfortable suspension system and seating. Great stereo system. Beautifully designed interior. Extremely reliable, starts right up every time. Very inexpensive parts and only routine maintenance required. (Fluid changes, belts, brakes). Keep up with regular maintenance, it'll run forever.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger A/C. Power seats would be nice. Very unattractive, boring exterior design. Cassette player or CD player needed!

Just keeps on going!
By krissy c

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I have only owned this vehicle 3 months, but I can say it's a very reliable, durable vehicle. The only problem I had was a new starter and a lower radiator hose and heater hose. It always starts right up every time and has plenty of power, with only 138,000 miles! I did experience one strange problem. Every time it rained, the car would never start! I had a new starter installed, but it hasn't rained for over 4 weeks! Other than that, overall a good car.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the comfy interior and excellent speakers.

Suggested Improvements

All of these cars seem to lose the A/C refrigerant! It blows hot air! That, and no cassette player.

Reliable
By Johnny

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I purchased it used (a rental car) at only a year old and have had it 14 years. I maintained it well and have found it to be very reliable. Aside from the usuals things (battery, muffler, belts) the only stuff I have had to replace are the alternator, valve cover gasket and brakes. While the A/C still works, the bearings must going (noise) and HVAC controls are not working properly. The paint is not bad, but a problem for these cars. For a 15 year old car though, the reliability is great. The 4 cylinder engine is anemic, but but suits me fine, and the fuel economy is poor is town (20 mpg), but great on the highway (35 mpg).

Favorite Features

Reliability, driving feel, upscale look of interior (1991 got a new dash).

Suggested Improvements

The biggest complaint are the poor brakes, which was addressed in later model years. They can be downright scary, plus the rear wheels can lock up in rain.

91 green corsica
By Green91

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I bought my corsica used in 1992. My mechanic has put on new oil seal, maniforld gasket, rear brake cylindar, new water pump, and a few minor things. I have had this car maintenanced on a regular basis oil, coolant, plugs etc. It has been a good car. But it is old and I just bought a new minivan. If you need a good used car try this one. I think I will sell mine out right because I did not trade it in.

Favorite Features

A good reliable plain car no fancy power options to cost extra money if they break.

Suggested Improvements

Paint is still ok but is fading. I have kept it waxed so I think that helped.

very impressed
By used car driver

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

my corsica just hit 204,000 miles, I have beet this car hard over ther years but kept the fluids changed and filters were replaced 2 or 3 times. this car still runs like new but as others have said the paint has peeled off hood and roof, But no rust. if I could get my hands on another one with 150,000 or less I would jump at the chance

Favorite Features

reliability, reliability, reliability, reliability

Suggested Improvements

paint, paint, paint, but cant improve something this old

Owned Corsica from Day 1
By Butro

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I'm the only owner of my '91 Corsica, which now has 137,000 miles on it. Over the years, I have replaced the alternator twice, the starter, the water pump, and a gasket...not bad for a 13-year old car. The paint is my only complaint, which is peeling off the roof, hood, and trunk panels. The side panels still look like brand new. The fabric on the seat cushions and driver-side door interior has begun to show its age and have small tears. I attribute this to sun damage and wear and tear. A few patches hear and there have fixed the problem, as well as some seat covers. The A/C is a bit weak for the Texas climate.

Favorite Features

Comfort and reliability. Starts up every time. Trunk space and interior is perfect for my family. This car has been to N.C., TX, IL, and Germany (loved the Autobahn)...it performed well everywhere it went.

Suggested Improvements

Can't improve a car they don't make anymore, but I would want better paint and a stronger A/C.

reliable
By kin

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I got this car from my grandma. It gets me where i'm going but lately we've been having problems. My bright lights won't work I have to get the wireing fixed, plus I have 2 kids and there's no room for anything else. plus my air conditioning doesn't work

Favorite Features

reliable it starts every time

Suggested Improvements

more room in the back.

Unprecedented Reliability
By Brian Mills

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from an elderly lady during college with 30,000 miles. Needless to say, it lasted through college and 5 years later @ 140,000 miles, it's still going strong. GREAT ENGINE, bad exterior paint problems. It's Lt. Blue paint color chips like crazy, but the engine more than made up for it. Great Reliability!

Favorite Features

ENGINE reliablity

Suggested Improvements

GM should have recalled the lt. blue paint jobs on all the 91 corsica's.

OK commuter car
By fuzzy

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I got this car a couple years ago from an old lady, and at the time it had very low milage. The car has remained reliable since then which the only major problem being an alternator replacement. It's a good car for getting from point A to point B, but not much else. The front seats are decently comfortable, but for two adults, the rear seats are a tight fit. Controls are clear and easy to read, but the plastic materials that make up the interior are somewhat drab.

Favorite Features

gas milage, reliability, truck space is good for a small car

Suggested Improvements

(if they were still being made) a little more life needs to be added to the interior, more standard features

good dependable college car
By trendy

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I bought this car my senior year of high school. The next five years that I owned this car I had to put vary minimal amounts of money into the maintenance of this car. Major repairs included a new alternator and distributer coils (or something close to that). I recently bought a new honda accord and I am happy to say I actually do miss my corisca. I am happy with my honda but my corsica drove very similar to my honda.

Favorite Features

dependable, very roomy, quiet

Suggested Improvements

a speed lower than low for the windshield wipers