Used 1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan

LT 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (24 reviews )

Starts Every Time
By chrissyc

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I've owned my Corsica for 16 months and am very happy with this car. Don't neglect the routine maintenance, (belts, hoses, brakes, tires and battery) and always keep your oil and filter changed at the right intervals and it should provide years of reliablity. Keep all other fluids at proper levels, too. Other than a waterpump and starter (those were a little expensive to replace) failing, no major problems. Things I've replaced: serpentine belt, battery, 1 heater hose, 1 lower radiator hose, fresh oil and filter changes, of course. I plan on replacing the spark plug wires- slight stumble accelerating. That'll fix it for sure. This is a great run-around car for shopping and chores.

The most important thing to me is that it starts right up every time. I love the interior seats (very comfy) and how the interior color matches the exterior! Reliability, strong- running, bullet-proof engine (4 cyl. 2.2)long-lasting Goodyear tires, engine power, and hardly any repair issues.

Stronger a/c, needs cruise control and better quality suspension parts- pretty rough ride. Not many complaints for improvements! More good than bad!

Reliable Chevy Just Keeps On Running...
By Krissy36

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I've owned this great car almost a year and a half now (November this year) and the only major problem was a leaking waterpump and a bad starter. That's it! Other than routine maintenance such as hoses, belts, brakes, tires, etc., as long as you keep up with things, no problems should occur. I've been very lucky. This car has been exceptional. The gas mileage is excellent, the plush, comfy seats are wonderful for my low back pain and sciatica! The Goodyear tires will last a very long time, but I do need a tire rotation- fronts to back, backs in front. I highly recommend this great, reputable, strong-running car to anyone looking for inexpensive transportation who is on a budget.

Engine reliability, (bulletproof- these engines never die!)smooth- running, solid, comfort, quiet motor,tons of trunk space, interior color, nice ride with Goodyear tires, and fuel economy is wonderful- a true gas-saver. (I have the 4 cylinder, 2.2L)The list of favorite features could go on and on!

Suspension parts are low- quality, ugly, boxy exterior design, manual passenger side outer mirrors are a nuisance, cup- holder linkage is weak, cruise control would be nice and should be standard- for a 1991! Definitely more positive than negatives with this car!

Durable, Strong-Running Chevy
By Happy Corsica Owner

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I've owned my Chevy for almost a year and a half and have had no major problems. The only issue I really had was replacement of water pump and starter. They were a little expensive to replace-but worth it. I keep my oil and filter changed every 3 mos/3,000 miles and besides new front brakes, that's really all it needs. Just keep up with the regular routine maintenance (belts, hoses, tires and brakes) and it'll run forever! I've replaced battery, waterpump, starter, serpentine belt and a rear wheel cylinder. I couldn't be happier with my car. Gas mileage is excellent around town and on the highway. For a 4 cylinder (2.2), it's got plenty of power! I highly recommend this car!!

Interior design and color,comfort, engine reliability,lots of trunk space,lots of power/pep for a 2.2 4 cylinder, I love the Goodyear tires (they'll last for a very long time!), and great gas mileage. I could go on and on!

Cruise control would be nice, weak a/c, bad quality radio, more rear leg room, exterior design too square, lots of interior squeaks.

Reliable Chevy
By chris1604

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I've had this car a little over a year and the only major problem I had was the cooling system. Only 2 radiator hoses were needed and that fixed the problem. I've been having a lot of trouble with the starter. Brought it to my mechanic after I had a fresh oil and filter change and when I hot the car to him, the starter was fine! Funny how after I replaced my air filter and the oil was changed, the starter problem actually cured itself! He said if it acts up again, he'll install a rebuilt one at no charge to me! The key turns every time and this I will never understand! Let's see how long until the problem occurs again!! It's a pleasure driving this car and the ride is very smooth.

Interior seating design and comfort, nice red interior, engine reliability and cheap parts. My favorite feature of all is the good reputations of these cars. Corsicas are very good, dependable, inexpensive cars. The 2.2 4 cyl. engine is very peppy and I highly recommend this car to anyone.

Cruise control would be nice and a stiffer suspension. Add a cd player or cassette. Plain radio is very boring! The linkage on the door handle (outer) is starting to break, which makes it difficult to lift up the handle and open the door. Stronger a/c, too.

Pleased Corsica Owner
By krissyc36

1991 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan LT 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for over a year and it's been very reliable and the engine and transmission are holding up well for a 16 year old car! Only major problem I had was a coolant problem (leaking) but 2 new hoses fixed that. It does need a new radiator, but my mechanic put some raqdiator stop leak on and it's lasted almost a year!! Will have to eventually replace. Replaced stareter yesterday. No serious problems at all. I love the smooth ride and comfort of this car. This car will go across country and back with no breakdowns! I'll own this until the wheels fall off! Will buy another one for a second car when and if mine dies.

My favorite things about my car are the beautiful color (red) interior and seats, nice firm seats which add to my comfort, strong running engine and it's pretty good on gas. It also has 4 Goodyear tires that have a substantial amount of life left. I think that contributes to the good handling.

Stronger a/c, more attractive exterior design. Too boxy. I wish the suspension parts were built a lot better. Too noisy.