2016 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

My dream fulfilled
By Ron Kallies

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love the truck! Not only is it great looking, but with the 6 cylinder engine and 4 wheel drive it can handle anything I may need it to do. The electronics are impressive and it will be difficult to decide which of the subscriptions (satellite radio, WiFi, etc.) I should keep after the trials end. I do have an unresolved problem with inconsistent air conditioning performance, but I am confident my dealer will correct.

Nice Color!
By Bobby

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck back in May. I was in the market for a new truck and wanted to downsize from my F150 I owned for about 8 years. I like the laser blue, which depends on the sunlight, gives off a purplish hue. Looks pretty darn good with the WT package. The fuel economy is pretty decent for a 4 cylinder; much better than 17 mpg I got in the F150. You do have to step on the accelerator to get it to move when entering the freeway. I hear the same thing about its 6 cyl. brothers, so it doesn't really bother me. It's surprisingly comfortable on road trips, and my 13 yr old son loves it....as long he's not in the back seat. The extended cab isn't great for carrying passengers in the back, but I didn't buy the truck for that purpose. This is my go to work, weekend trip kind of truck.

Go With LiL Max
By Chris

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I took a chance and went with the 2.8 duramax. Pros; Power,mileage, towing its got it all in one package! The best feature is the engine brake, when towing 5000lb in the hills you will rarely touch the brakes. I have 5000 miles on the truck and have averaged 25 mpg most of that towing at highway speed.I've got 30 on the highway! It has better than V6 gas Power!! Cons; The front air dam is stupid!(I took it off the second day i owned the truck and they used 16 screws to hold it on that are impossible to get at Laser Blue can look Purple not happy with color

2016 Z71 Colorado V6
By AJ

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Z71 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have almost 1500 miles on my 2016 Colorado Ext Cab V6 and I love it! I've driven around town averaging 19-20mpg and highway speeds at 55-60 mpg it averaged 24.5-26 mpg and highway speeds at 70-80 it averaged 23-24mpg. The trans has been very smooth and I have not had issues finding any gears or stepping on the throttle to get around a horse and buggy without it slamming into a low gear. The transitions have always been flawless. It loves cruising in the 50-60 mph range but on the highway keeping it around 70 you have to keep you foot on the gas just a little, personally it does not bother me. From the line it feels quite torquey and has plenty of get up and go. From inside the cabin the ride is phenomenal. It's very quite, I've been in quite a few new vehicles and none have been quieter. The handling is as smooth as can be. The steering wheel never gets heavy no matter the sharpest turns. Even having the off road suspension the ride isn't stiff at all. It handles bumps and does not rattle or bounce around. Driving it you would not think it has stiffer suspension. The interior itself I think looks nice and it's a truck so i'm not looking for outright luxury. The extended cab truly does not have room for passengers comfortably, although I bought mine more for storage than to haul people, so that does not bother me. Also size wise, this truck can be parked anywhere! The turning radius is amazing, just when you expect it to run out of turn angle, you can crank the wheel even more and put it into any parking spot. The cabin room I think is plenty, not as much as my dads Sierra 2500 but i'm 5'11'' and my dad is 6'2'' and there is plenty of room for both of us in the front seats. Leg room and head room are more than enough. Overall i'm very satisfied with my purchase and don't regret it one bit.

Beware of dealer
By jim east

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

When I bought my truck it had side runners on it. The dealer asked if I wanted them on I thought I would try them. As soon as i got home anf got out for the first time they were very uncomfortable. Called dealer he was trying to tradee something for them then said no. Now I have $700 to runners in my garage